4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Collection of Christmas Stories
Published 20 months ago by ACB (swansea)

2.0 out of 5 stars Michael Morpugo Chistmas Stories
We are huge fans of Michael Morpugo at home; we are a family of four with two adults and two kids (9 and 14y old) and as a routine, we listen to audio books in the car. Listening to Morpugo's large collection of stories in audio books is always a great choice where we can all agree. I don't think there is a single book by Morpugo that we haven't liked so when I saw this...
Published 18 months ago by @mlalanda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Collection of Christmas Stories, 29 Nov 2012
ACB (swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Michael Morpurgo is a prolific and diverse writer. He writes for all ages including readers who may have dyslexia, learning difficulties, reading difficulties or age orientated reading. This is a collection of Chistmas Stories from 2004-2012, all with a traditional or historical basis. Four stories 'The Goose is getting Fat', illustrated by Sophie Allsopp, 'The Best of Times', illustrated by Chichester Clark, 'The Best Christmas Present in The World' illustrated by Michael Foreman and 'On Angel Wings' illustrated by Quentin Blake. Morpurgo's stories are enchanting. The goose is to be fattened yet the outcome is one of happiness all around despite family tribulations and concerns. The Prince in 'The Best Times' is sincere and runs the gauntlet leading to and ensuring happiness with his Princess. 'The Best Christmas in The World' takes us through the legendary trenches of World War One with the Christmas truce and the emotional yet inevitable aftermath. A moment of peace in the worst war scenario. 'On Angel Wings' is a sheer delight involving Reuben and Jacob and the visitation of the Angel Gabriel, no less, a fantasy that lives on and is a storyline that passes through generations.

Wonderful book. A delivery from Father Christmas that will be happily accepted.

Beautifully written with Morpurgo's classical lines. His four stories are all about the festive season. He brings us stories that swing the emotions yet give relief and satisfaction. 'Santa', his time, in words and what the stories are all about. Great fun. The illustrations are lavishly produced and in quality, complementary to the text. This is a lovely Christmas treat ( or at any time). Suggest 9-10 years of age but variance in reading ability needs taking into account. I'm 62 and thoroughly enjoyed them as did my 9 year old grandaughter. Makes me feel like there is much more out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 13 Dec 2012
We hope our granddaughter will love this as much as we do. My wife was a teacher and knew the stories well but the artwork of this version is superb even if the book may be a little above our granddaughter's capabilities yet at age 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 13 Dec 2012
Mrs. R. V. Slater (UK) - See all my reviews
Mr Morpurgo does it again. Myself and my children love this book. All through December and most of November this is the bedtime reading book with wonderful feel good stories of the slightly more grown up theme. My 4 year old is asleep within minutes happily dreaming of a goose that Santa saves from the dinner table, or is it the love of a little boy?

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present for Grand-daughter, 16 April 2013
I had never read this and it sounded wonderful, so bought it for my grand-daughter [age 6] last Christmas. Brilliant stories and she [and I!] loved it. I expect we will bring it out again this Christmas and enjoy it even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas in a book, 4 Dec 2012
Reading Michael Morpurgo's 'Christmas Stories' made me feel that Christmas had indeed arrived. The illustrations were gentle and beautiful and the stories themselves so beautifully written. They captured the essence of Christmas and the reader basks in an aura of love and care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morpurgo Christmas Stories, 3 Dec 2012
These stories live up to expectations and are beautifully illustrated. As always Michael Morpurgo tugs at the heart strings but when writing for younger readers he reaches a happy conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 23 Feb 2013
Speedy delivery arrived in very good condtion. I bought this as a Christmas present for my grandchildren aged 7 and 9 and they loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bedtime story joy, 14 Feb 2013
Suits boys or girls, mums, dads, grandads or grandmas. Found myself reading it after my grandchildren had gone to bed. Well worth purchasing in time for next Christmas but lovely to read all year round.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHRISTMAS PRESENT, 13 Feb 2013
My Grandchildren love the stories by Michael Morpurgo so this was well received. It's a beautiful hard backed book with lovely pictures and was such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Michael Morpurgo delight!, 9 Feb 2013
Bought this for my Great-Niece. She absolutely loved it! the illustrations are wonderful and the stories were captivating. I will buy this again for my Grandson.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Michael Morpurgo Christmas Stories
Michael Morpurgo Christmas Stories by Michael Morpurgo (Paperback - 26 Sep 2013)
6.99