4.0 out of 5 stars Good building ideas book for Minecraft fans
I bought this for my son who is a huge minecraft fan.
I have played the game a bit myself, but I'm far from an expert on it.

He's very pleased with the book it's given him some wonderful ideals for buidlings to create in his world.
Published 4 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good gift for those just getting into Minecraft
Bought as a gift for a 10 year old. Nice looking hardback full colour book.

Published 2 months ago by DanniW

4.0 out of 5 stars Good building ideas book for Minecraft fans, 27 Mar 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
I bought this for my son who is a huge minecraft fan.
I have played the game a bit myself, but I'm far from an expert on it.

The book is printed on nice quality paper, and with clear pictures, good print quality throughout (as you would expect from an official book)

Looking through the book you have a variety of designs from a wooden house, to an impressive tower bridge build, a rollercoaster, ships, nordic hall, palace gardens, mage city walls...a good mix I think.

It's worth a mention that some designs do have some step by step instructions (galleon ship, fortified wall, rollercoaster) Others such as the Steampunk City are really to inspire your own imagination. You do get tips and hints to help you with the building, but if you are looking for a brick by brick buidling guide this might not be for you. Even as a novice player I found it quite interesting and useful. My son is very pleased with the book as it's given him some new ideas to work with. Some of the top Minecraft players contributed to the book, as an adult it's quite amazing to see the imagination put into the designs, as well as the time and effort to build them.

There are a lot of videos out there for building guides, but I think it's nice to have a printed book to look at.
A solid buy for budding Minecraft players

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good gift for those just getting into Minecraft, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
Bought as a gift for a 10 year old. Nice looking hardback full colour book.

Although lots of very nice pictures of what you could build in Minecraft (from castles to roller coasters) this only gave instructions for the most basic of builds and seemed to be a collection of pictures instead. Instructions very general too so reader would already need a good basic grasp of Minecraft in the first place. Most players would get more from watching YouTube videos or Googleing others' builds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fills a young boys wish list, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
It was my grandson's choice, to complete his set!!! When you have the other three, then you just have to have the final one.

5.0 out of 5 stars My nephews were delighted, 17 Jun 2014
C. S. Oglethorpe (UK - England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
I bought this as a gift for my nephews. I've no idea what it's about, but they were delighted. A great success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mc creative, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
I found this book useful for pc/xbox/ps3 players for building creative things eg: building houses and castles I am 11

5.0 out of 5 stars happy days!, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
ordered on preorder for son as a surprise present. he is addicted to minecraft ! he was over the moon and slept with it under his pillow. my son has autism but minecraft has really got him hooked. I cant say i know anything about it myself but sons very happy and even better it was cheaper than original price on preorder so even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars great minecraft book, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
Love this little book has some great ideas in for any budding minecraft gamer,with clear pictures and step by step guide for making some of the things . It also has pictures in to give u some idea of what could be built . Although I probably wouldn't have paid the 7.99 that the book is priced up as

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
My son wanted this as part of his birthday present as he already had the annual which he loves. This is a great little book full of hints and instructions for building things. It has helped him a lot with his Minecraft constructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars When I can tear it away from my eldest son ..., 15 July 2014
G. Cawte - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
When I can tear it away from my eldest son I have used it to get ideas on what to build.

5.0 out of 5 stars He has loved re-creating the different pictures and ideas that the book ..., 14 July 2014
This review is from: Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook (Hardcover)
Bought for my 7 year old as a treat for moving up swimming class, as he is a massive Minecraft fan. He has loved re-creating the different pictures and ideas that the book has in it. Will be getting another one of these in due course - a big hit!

Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook
Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook by Egmont UK Ltd (Hardcover - 27 Mar 2014)
3.99