Format: PaperbackChange

on 24 February 2014
I LOVE Barry Looser books and this is no exception. This is one of the funniest books ever.

Now, on with the review. As I said before my expectations are quite high for this book. The main plot of the story is Barry is trying to become class captain. His problem is that Fay is also trying to become class captain. With sniggering and giggling this is book is the k e e l book

Thank you for reading this review and read on book lovers
My five-year-old son chose this for me to read to him in instalments at bedtime, as he liked the cover. It's proving a big struggle, but not because it is written for 7+ years.

It's from somewhere in the middle of a series, so we're confusedly plonked in the middle of it. Barry is the most "loserkeel" student at his school, which he takes great pride in. I'm not sure what "loserkeelness" is, but it appears to be being such an extreme loser that it actually becomes cool. (Huh?) However, another student, Fay, is proving even better at being "loserkeel" than he is, so it becomes a rivalry between the two.

There are big, cartoonish illustrations on every page, with lots of references to icky bodily stuff (bogeys and so on), and most of the text is devoted to descriptions of bogeys and the like as well, with half-hearted references to the story every so often.

My son laughs a bit at the bogey references, and is fairly unmoved by the rest. Seriously - just because he's a boy, can he not have good children's stories written for him too? I'm getting rather cross with the children's book world.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2014
Fantastic! My kids love these books and this latest one was even funnier than the others! Can't wait for more!
on 3 February 2014
I am 7 years old and I really liked this book. It's funny, sad and happy at the same time!
VINE VOICEon 31 August 2014
My son absolutely adores the Barry Loser books and this one is just as good, and laugh out loud funny, as the others. I have to say, I rather enjoy them myself and end up feeling quite sorry for Barry at times.
on 20 May 2014
Brilliant book and I was laughing the whole way through. A great mixture of humour and emotion towards the end and I would recommend this to anyone my age. BRILLIANT!!!!
on 25 April 2014
As with the last Few Barry Loser books my 10 yo finished it in one sitting as he was so desperate to read it. He loved it :) and I definitely saw him smile several times
on 20 March 2014
I like it because it is funny and also I recommend it to people who like a bit of a joke and also made up word (kind of.....) 😜😜😜😜
on 10 March 2014
This book is the coolest book. It is so funny and great .Get this book or else you would die of not enjoying any other book.
on 30 May 2014
Is amazing so funny enjoyable great for small children. It's also keel to the max and I really mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!