5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating concept, excellent execution. Does not write down to the reader.
Now THAT'S how to write YA fiction!

I've not been so compelled to finish a book for some time. A truly unique idea (that requires some suspension of disbelief) and a growing love story that (maybe occasionally over the top) is sweet, honest and emotive.

'A' has spent his whole life in the strange situation of moving around from body to body every...
Published 6 months ago by K. J. Noyes

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, Rubbish Ending.
(Source: I won a copy of this book. Thanks to Rachel and Jasprit @ The Readers Den!)
Every Day, A. wakes up in someone else's body. He doesn't know who he'll wake up as, he doesn't know who he'll be tomorrow, and so that's how he lives - jumping from one body to the next, never forming relationships or friendships.

One day A. wakes up as Justin. It is an...
Published 13 months ago by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Kindle Edition)
I started to download the sample of "every day" to my Kindle, but as I got hooked to it immediately I HAD to buy it.

I'm not going to make a serious review of the book, but I have to say some things that I love about it. Firstly, it was nice to read a book that was political correct, also there are so many good pieces to quote, I absolutely love this one “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough"

Also, I love that the book is queer. Like A, I also believe that you fall in love with a person and not the gender and I would think that is the main theme through the whole book.

Like I wrote, it's not a serious review at all, but these are the things I liked the most. I would definitely recommend it to both
Teens and adults!

4.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Book!, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Kindle Edition)
Everyday is about a person called 'A'. Every morning A wakes up in a different body. One day he wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin's girlfriend Rhiannon. A falls in love with Rhiannon and does everything he can to stay with her. As you can imagine this is difficult as he is in a new body everyday. Personally I am not a lover of romantic story's. I always find them very stereotypical and a bit boring. However I loved this book.

The way David Levithan explained and expressed A's feelings towards Rhiannon and A's life and the situations he has to cope with are just amazing. You feel very sympathetic for A as you come to realize how horrible life would be in situations and how it would effect your day to day life.

Then you realize how he can not love, can not fall asleep and wake up with the same person. He can not create a life of his own, he always has to live everyone elses. I love the fact that at the start of nearly every chapter you get to read about the body A wakes up in and what sort of life they have and what sort of person they are. It's all most like meeting a new character every chapter this was one of the things I really enjoyed about the book.

The only downside I do have with this book is the ending. For me the ending happened too quickly. There was so much that Levithan could have done with the ending but I felt he rushed it. Obviously this came as a big disappointment as the ending is a massive part every book. Apart from this one downside it was a wonderful book and I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Kindle Edition)
Perfectly written, really amazingly good, but a bit of an anticlimax ending. Can be forgive, great story line. 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing... but ends dully., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Paperback)
this book is unique, romantic, thoughtful, emotional and enjoyable, but the ending is truly a letdown. This book is worth 5 five stars, apart from the ending which is only worth 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like the ending, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Paperback)
It's a very interesting book and definitely different from what I'm used to. I enjoyed the interactions and how real it felt.
If I had not read the ending I would have given this a 4-star rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't understand wnding, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Kindle Edition)
Lots of questions to be asked- but I don't know whether that's good or bad
I enjoyed it but was slightly confused by ending as there were other alternatives
Also sometimes there is contradictory in the book
I didn't particularly like A and the stalker like actions
Although besides thoroughly enjoyed it and I was just highlighting improvements

4.0 out of 5 stars thrilling, fun, romantic, action-packed novel, 7 Mar 2014
Review by Will - Year 7

This is a teen novel, with tales of romance and drama to the very end. A’s life is pretty
normal, or as normal as it gets when you wake up in a different body everyday. Then disaster strikes, A falls deeply in love with Rhiannon, the girlfriend of Justin, whose body he is in for the day.

At first I was unsure about reading this as it wasn’t a book I would normally read. However once A was ‘found out’ and said to be ‘the devil’ on a website, the intensity and pace picks up. A tries every day to see Rhiannon, finally telling her who he really is. Rhiannon falls in love with A but has a hard time coping with A’s strange condition.

David Levithan has a wonderful gift creating such superb characters: from keen, kind, loveably people; to sly, evil, wicked villains. He keeps the reader guessing as nothing in ‘Every Day’ is straightforward. For example, after what seems a perfect day for A and Rhiannon, disaster strikes. A cannot turn up the next day and it nearly ends their relationship forever.

The book has you hanging on to every word wanting more. The exciting conclusion begins when A meets Reverend Poole and the reverend starts telling A about ways he could stay in one body forever, not taking into consideration the real person’s soul that would be left discarded. A then has a tough decision to make. Everything he and Rhiannon wanted could come true, but at a severe cost.

If I were to change this book, I would add more background detail at the start, as it was a bit confusing at first. Secondly, after a bit of early drama, when A and Rhiannon meet on the beach, the excitement dries up a little. However it does return a little later on, and stays action packed to the end.

This thrilling, fun, romantic, action-packed novel is a great read. It makes you realise that life is not easy and that we must take the chances that come our way. I would recommend this for teenagers with an eye for romance.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story of diversity, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Paperback)
The book is deep and beautiful. It represents the diversity of humanity in the bodies of A.
The book might be a bit tricky first, it is difficult to understand the main character, but as you keep on reading it gets better and better.
It shows how gender doesn't matter.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Paperback)
It is a very interesting concept, and I was tempted into reading because people were comparing Levithan to John Green and I can see why, but it is simply not in the same league. I liked A as a character, but as the reader, I was not drawn to Rhiannon in the same way that A was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Kindle Edition)
i read this book in one sitting, couldn't put it down, even though I wanted to make it last longer!

ARRAY(0xa8969c00)

Every Day
Every Day by David Levithan (Paperback - 29 Aug 2013)
5.59