4.0 out of 5 stars creepy
This review is going to be short. This isn't because I didn't like BZRK but more because I can't quite find the words to do it justice yet.

Firstly can I say that Michael Grant is probably one of the most creepy YA writers out there. The man delights in terrifying teenagers with his creepy and twisted imagination. I find myself having to read his books in the...
Published on 24 Feb. 2012 by Kirsty at the Overflowing Library

3.0 out of 5 stars BZRK
I've never read anything by Michael Grant before but I've read so many stellar reviews of his books that I thought it was about time I tried one for myself. BZRK is published by Egmont's new YA imprint Electric Monkey and is unique because prior to the book's publication, a six-month long interactive transmedia prequel was launched online, incorporating social media, web...
Published on 30 Aug. 2012 by SJH @ A Dream of Books

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 11 Jan. 2013
J. Clarke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BZRK (Kindle Edition)
Based on futuristic ideas of nanotechnology a sort of miniaturized sci-fi genre, I enjoyed the book (read on a kindle).

4.0 out of 5 stars Technology Tale, 27 July 2012
This review is from: BZRK (Kindle Edition)
A story that I found a bit daunting because of the technology described and integral to the story. I enjoy Grant's other books so decided to read on and I am glad that I did. This is quite frightening in its ideas and some of the concepts are adult in their description. Well suited for older teens and worth discussion with your kids. The story stops dead and you do have to wait for the next instalment of the series. Quick pace throughout and hooks you early on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 24 July 2012
This review is from: BZRK (Kindle Edition)
What a great book, loved the Gone series and was very sceptical about BZRK when I read the first couple of chapters but after that was totally hooked! Don't know how I am going to wait until March 2013 for the next installment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very strange, but quite addictive ..., 21 May 2012
M. E. V. Hamblin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BZRK (Kindle Edition)
Like all of Michael Grant's books, the themes in this one are likely to leave children reeling (slash mentally scarred - phrases like 'down in the meat' are just vile) but it has a big impact on you. I didn't think it was as good as the Gone series, it was just slightly too strange for my liking. But you get great depth from the characters, and its really interesting watching to see how their plan is going to pan out.

All in all, a good read, but not one for littlies!

2.0 out of 5 stars The Book Geek, 28 Mar. 2012
This review is from: BZRK (Hardcover)
I stayed up late to finish this and I really wish I hadn't bothered. In fact, I'm very surprised I managed it.

This book was a huge disappointment. This is because I had high expectations of Michael Grant after reading his imaginative Gone series, full of exciting characters with mutant powers that draws interesting comparisons between the struggling society created by the kids and our own world. Grant's books have never been perfect to me, I have often complained about the lack of a decent female character who could be strong, realistic and not annoy the hell out of me. That's what was so bad about Bzrk, because it did have this.

When I was first introduced to Sadie McLure, I was thinking "YEEESSSS!!!" inside my mind because the author had finally delivered a female lead that was intelligent, kickass and not simply the sidekick or girlfriend of the male self-sacrificing hero. She was all these things... but Sadie was also as flat and boring as any character I've read after a few chapters. The book does start well, not just with the introduction of the characters, but with the dramatic plane crash that opens up a bizarre science-fiction mystery which involves secret corporations that are trying to take over the world. Exciting stuff. Well, for a while, that is.

Boredom is my biggest complaint about this book. The sci-fi aspect is well thought-out and conceivable, perhaps this novel just really is too much of a boy book (whatever that really means), I like my sci-fi with something a bit more human to balance it out: easily relatable characters, humour, even romance... Bzrk failed to successfully deliver any of these. Unfortunately, I'll just stick to finishing the Gone series, though I'm not sure how that's going to cope with two more books on the way - sometimes authors just don't know when to quit (I'm looking at you, Richelle Mead).

5.0 out of 5 stars BZRK Novels, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: BZRK (Paperback)
total enjoyment from the first page, Michael Grant is an exciting writer . Looking forward to part 3 very soon,

4.0 out of 5 stars Rating, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: BZRK (Kindle Edition)
This was the first Amazon book I've ever read on kindle and I think it was pretty good amazing in fact

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but a bit hard to go along with the story, 17 July 2013
This review is from: BZRK (Kindle Edition)
A very good book, but it was tricky to go along with, and was a bit confusing. It was a bit creepy, but I still liked it. I defiantly recommend the Gone series, which is by him too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Imagination on fire!, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: BZRK (Hardcover)
Astounding description of a world seen only under a microscope and a huge war for all mankind "down there in the meat". After that you' ll see your self under a different light!

Hope that Bzrk won't be the first book of a another never ending series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: BZRK (Paperback)
Book as described and quick delivery.

BZRK
BZRK by Michael Grant (Paperback - 3 Sept. 2012)