5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures to dream about!
A beautiful book with a fun, adventurous story. My five- year old stares at the illustrations and seems to get lost in them, dreaming. What's more, it is an excellent book for a beginning reader. Its gentle poetic repetitions and highlighted words are a great learning tool. My son chimes in and reads along. And he is also looking at girls in a different light...
Published on 4 Jan. 2006 by Nuccia

3.0 out of 5 stars How could pirates be so boring?
I don't much like this book. It is as flat as the premise on which it is based, that pirates would steal the front of a house to disguise their ship. The varying fonts are annoying to an adult reader and do little to enhance the story. There are many far better Pirate books about so this one has strong competition.

The cover looks promising, small pyjama-ed boy...
Published 3 months ago by Katharine Kirby

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 July 2013
This review is from: The Night Pirates: Pop-Up Book (Pop-Up Adventure) (Hardcover)
I love beautiful books to give as gifts and find it difficult at times to buy boys something different. I have given this book as a gift severally times now and it has been gratefully received by parents

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS BOOK, 23 Aug. 2013
This book is amazing my 3 year old loves it and goes to sleep with it on his bed every night! It is beautiful and original! Great for both sexes and quite robust! makes a great present and also reasonable enough to have just for the family! Lovely! A family favourite

5.0 out of 5 stars For wannabe pirates whether boys or girls, 24 July 2008
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
Favourite quote of the book: 'Give me my treasure back or I'll tell my mum'

This book is a firm favourite with my 5yo son - he loves the rhythm and the pace and most of all he loves the little girl pirates for NOT saying 'certainly not, you're only a boy'. I have bought lots of copies for little girls as an antidote to stories of soppy princesses, and had to make a complete Captain Patch costume for my son for World Book Day!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely captivating, 3 Jan. 2008
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
This is one of my and my 4 year old son's favourite books. It tells the fantastic story of Tom and a team of girl pirates who steal the front of Tom's house and use it to disguise their ship so they can steal treasure from Captain Patch and his grown up pirates.

What sets this book apart is the wonderful illustrations and the text which not only has a gentle rhyme and repetition but flows across the page using different fonts and layouts to help tell the story. for instance when the pirates run away, so do the letters.....

This book will be treasured by any boy or girl and it is particularly refreshing to find a story about girls who are not pink princessese. Buy this book - you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Mar. 2013
As ever a quality book for a child, fail safe present!!! Will buy more by this author and a good price

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm bedtime favourite, 15 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
I bought this little book after reading all the reviews, stored it away for a while and then introduced it to my grandaughter (aged three and a half and a lover of books) after she had heard about pirates at her nursery. It became a firm favourite and six months later is still one of the bedtime selection. It is a very unusual, imaginative story and she became quite absorbed by narrative, soon memorised it, with her finger hovering ready to point to the postman's problem with the letterbox at the end. For us it merited 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Must Have, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
This is such a wonderful book. As a writer and illustrator myself, as well as a mum, needless to say I'm very fussy as to what I buy for my son. This book is wonderfully written and a wonderful adventure for your child to enjoy. Harris has by far outdone himself with this lovely and witty story of adventure. Allwright's illustrations go hand in hand with Harris' narrative, a perfect marriage of ideas. Highly recommended. I would like to add that this was also recommended to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Already a classic, 13 Sept. 2005
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
Fab illustrations, brilliant story. Sure to become a favourite with both young & old alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 29 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
I love reading this book to my 3 year old son. In fact, it's my favourite of all of his bedtime stories. It's a bit quirky, and there are lots of opportunities for silly voices. It makes us both giggle every time we read it. I can't say enough good things about it. The illustrations are beautiful, and the story has a lovely pace and rythmn. I have recommended this book to all of the other parents of small children that I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 31 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
Bought for a 4 yr old boy but my daughter wanted it too so bought if for her 4th birthday. My daughter begs me to read it again and again, she reads along with the story and loves it. I Love the fact that it is different and not stereotyping pirates! The rhyming words and repetition works really well. Wonderful illustrations. Totally recommend this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

The Night Pirates: Pop-Up Book (Pop-Up Adventure)
The Night Pirates: Pop-Up Book (Pop-Up Adventure) by Peter Harris (Hardcover - 3 Sept. 2012)
Used & New from: £2.98