5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures to dream about!
Published on 4 Jan 2006 by Nuccia

3.0 out of 5 stars the night pirates
I love the illustrations in this book and the story seems to start off well but i thought that the middle of the story was lacking a little.
Where was the big adventure? They said what it was but i feel they could have taken us into the adventure in just a little bit more detail.
Im afraid to say i was a bit disapointed in the book by itself although the book...
Published on 30 Dec 2007 by L. Hillman

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures to dream about!, 4 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
A beautiful book with a fun, adventurous story. My five- year old stares at the illustrations and seems to get lost in them, dreaming. What's more, it is an excellent book for a beginning reader. Its gentle poetic repetitions and highlighted words are a great learning tool. My son chimes in and reads along. And he is also looking at girls in a different light with this book. These girls are cool. No pink princesses for him. He wants his girl friends to be girl pirates!
I recommend this book for both boys and girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out Harry Potter!, 12 Oct 2005
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
A pirate tale with a twist - this is a must-have for kids and their parents. Read it a hundred times and you'll see something new on every page. The story is beautifully told - its descriptions of the shimmering moon watching over the night pirates who steal a house and sail away with it to find treasure are fantastic. They remind you of the whispery narration of Oliver Postgate on 'The Clangers' or 'Noggin the Nogg'. But the real beauty of this book is in the illustrations by Deborah Allwright. Brilliant, awe-inspiring, deft and delightful, there's no doubt that they will capture the imaginations of children for decades. Each page shows a magical talent for colour and detail and a great sense of humour. There's no doubt about it, 'The Night Pirates' is setting sail and already becoming a classic. Christmas presents are sorted!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Pirating Adventure, 13 Sep 2007
Mrs. Eeva King (Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
I bought The Night Pirates because my 4-year-old son is fascinated by pirates and I wanted to get him a bed-time story about them - I'm happy to say this book didn't let down either one of us.

The Night Pirates is unlike any other children's book I've come across, both story-wise and visually, too. The story is about Tom, a little boy who wakes up one night to discover that a group of GIRL pirates is stealing the front of his house. Tom joins them in order to steal treasure from Captain Patch and his band of lazy, scared grown-up pirates (the front of Tom's house is used to hide the approaching pirate ship from the adults).

Deborah Allwright's illustrations are absolutely wonderful, both groups of pirates being especially memorable. The layout of the pages is a departure from the usual, with the text scattered all over the pages and different font-styles being used.

I would highly recommend The Night Pirates to all children over the age of three. It's not a very long story, it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to read it without interruptions. However, in our household, it takes much longer, with my son repeating various bits of text and wanting to stop to look at and discuss the illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night Pirates, 18 Jun 2007
L. Shiner "Lesley & Jen" (England) - See all my reviews
We borrowed this book from the library and didn't want to take it back! The 'rough, tough, little girl pirates' really appealed to my daughter, and she soon knew the story off by heart, even weeks after the book had been taken back! So now she's getting her own copy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bedtime read, 16 May 2007
A. Mackenzie - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
Our 3 year old daughter loves pirates and it was a delight to find a book that featured girl pirates she could relate to. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is fun although the text is perhaps a little short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Piratical goodness, 19 Mar 2007
A. J. Rabet "Rabs" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
This is another favourite of my children who love the rhythms of the verses in the book along with the wonderful story of a little boy helping girl pirates get treasure from bad pirates with the help of the facade of his house!

The only thing that annoys me is the script being rather hard to follow as it is rather stylised at times

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night Pirates, 15 May 2007
Mrs. T. A. Turvey "T A Turvey" (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
We love this book, its the most wonderful book for night time, my little 3 year old son loves it, we read it by torchlight (every night!), which adds even more atmosphere, and I always have to read it at least 5 times!! He loves the little girl Pirates and the story is really simple and fun for kids! and they have a "little girl pirate whose the captain"!!! you have to get it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Aug 2007
Mrs. H. A. Smith "Holkay" (North West UK) - See all my reviews
my daughter, who is not quite 2 years old, LOVES this book & aks her Daddy to read 'Pirates' at any opportunity. It is nice that there are girls having adventures & my daughter really enjoys the story & loves the pictures too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant, 11 Mar 2007
Martin "Marts" (Northwich, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night Pirates (Paperback)
An absolutely brilliant book, loved by my 2 year old and my five year old alike. So much depth, it provides an exciting story for the two year old and some challenging thinking for the five year old. The only trouble is which one gets it read to them at bedtime !

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 July 2013
This review is from: The Night Pirates: Pop-Up Book (Pop-Up Adventure) (Hardcover)
I love beautiful books to give as gifts and find it difficult at times to buy boys something different. I have given this book as a gift severally times now and it has been gratefully received by parents

The Night Pirates: Pop-Up Book (Pop-Up Adventure)
The Night Pirates: Pop-Up Book (Pop-Up Adventure) by Peter Harris (Hardcover - 3 Sep 2012)
5.20