Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 November 2012
All of the Sir Charlie Stinky Socks books are fab! They're funny, the illustration is great, the story keeps the child wanting to know what's going to happen next, the large flaps and pages that open out add a bit of extra fun, and the stories in general are good for either boys or girls! My youngest is 5 and my eldest is 8 and they both love them!
on 12 February 2014
Kristina Stephenson is one if both my and my daughters favorite authors. As with all books in the Sir Charlie Stinky Socks series it is beautifully written, lovely to read aloud and good fun. We read all of them regularly. You can't go wrong with this book. My daughter is 6 and we have been reading them since she was 4
on 19 April 2013
The whole Sir Charlie Stinky Socks series are cleverly written and have lots of flaps to open. My kids love them all and listen/read them repeatedly. If you are looking for presents for kids them you can't go wrong with these.This particular book follows the same pattern as all the rest and is enjoyable for it.
on 6 June 2013
Lovely stories that keep the children gripped. Fantastic illustrations and a great bonus with the flaps. All the books I purchased in the series have been great fun for all the family. I highly recommend it also for how well it is written.
In this adventure, Charlie and his cohort are told by the king to find the treasure from a map... will they find it? As usual, alliteration weaves its wordy way through the text (though I'm getting used to it now). And Charlie will have to be brave.

This time though, a slightly older child may enjoy this book more than the youngest fans - there are word puzzles to solve as Charlie draws close to the treasure. My son (4) looked puzzled so I quickly talked through them and got back to the treasure hunt. Riddles and spelling are a little over his head at the moment.

Still, he loved this as he always does with Charlie. We love the sweet drawings too, the treasure map and knowing what is coming next (on subsequent readings!).

One for ages 3-7 (and more the 5+ age range this time).

One for ages 3-7 (and more the 5+ age range this time).
on 30 October 2013
Someone bought one of these books for my son as a birthday present. The main character and his trusty sidekicks are very enchanting and captivate a child' interest. I have bought all of these books and find the descriptions exceptional and the illustrations bright and colourful. My favourite is still the original but all of them are worth a buy for under 8s.
on 28 March 2013
I have bought two of the books in this range for my child and he really enjoys the stories and illustrations. The layout and font is especially captivating, plus the fold-out pages enhance the story and enjoyment. The only thing I find is that the stories are slightly long for kids under four years, but they are well worth reading if your child is progressing beyond simplistic books.
on 21 September 2013
My boys love these books, age 3 and 7, they are brightly illustrated, the 'musing' language/writing style is funny, and they really like the fold out double spread pages. I read one of these books to a year 1 and year 2 class during book week and it went down a storm with both the boys and girls!
on 13 January 2013
Having already got two of this series this was a welcome addition for my 5 year ols grandson who loves this character and the fold out pieces that make up part of the pages,another good quality book from this author.