4.0 out of 5 stars Great childhood revival
Published on 3 Jun 2009 by Mr. M. Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what you think it will be
There are 47 small paperback books in a rather flimsy case and there is nothing wrong with that. What is disappointing is that my expectations are not satisfied and I suspect the decades since they were written have seen huge advances in children's' learning.

The pictures are not really enough to captivate young minds in the 21st century whereas they were 40...
Published on 9 Jan 2012 by 3point14

4.0 out of 5 stars Great childhood revival, 3 Jun 2009
Mr. M. Morris - See all my reviews
Does what it say's on the tin. All the books are the original individual numbered ones that produce an image on their spines when stacked together. They come in a nice box to keep them in. The box is made of sturdy thin plastic so doesn't add much weight. The box is easy to wet-wipe clean for the mandatory dribbles that come with reading bedtime stories to a little one.

Minus 1 star for two reasons...
- The catch to keep the box closed is a bit cheap and flimsy, but it hasn't popped open yet.
- When all the books are in the box it's very tricky to get one out.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 2 Jun 2009
Nik Delcroix (Belgium) - See all my reviews
Package: excellent, no damages, quick delivery from UK to Belgium.
State of product: as described, brand new
Maybe it would have been nice to know which books exactely were in the box, since it doesn't contain ALL Mr. Men books (maybe a picture of the backside of one of the books would be a help for other buyers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of Mr Men books, 11 July 2011
These sets of books are a delight for our 6 and 4 year old children. They love choosing a book each night to read. They are truly timeless classics. Good way to teach them to count too as they look for the numbers on the spine and take them out and put them back in the right order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Men books, 19 July 2009
Rosie Posie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These books were part of my children growing up, I now have a grandson in America and I am sending him one a week so that he grows up with them too. Every child should have one is my recommendation.

Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift!, 7 Aug 2012
A lovely set of books in a well presented, strong box. A really good gift for 4-5 year olds (and older). Many thanks x

5.0 out of 5 stars MR HAPPY..., 14 Dec 2011
This review is from: Mr. Men My Complete Collection (Paperback)
MR 'ARRIVED ON TIME', MR 'AS ADVERTISED', MR 'GOOD VALUE', MR 'HAPPY'....THANK YOU IT WILL MAKE AN EXCELLENT CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR A MR '5 YEAR OLD'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent early reading book, 7 Feb 2009
Mr. K. Heap - See all my reviews
I purchased the Mr Men book set for my Grandson for Christmas 2008. He loves the stories and is now able to read them himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Bulk-buy Books of Mr Men, 29 April 2013
LegendaryMrDude (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mr. Men My Complete Collection (Paperback)
Lots of people my age will have grown up with the Mr Men.

Lots of people my age will have kids of their own.

Lots of people my age are probably thinking "if it was good enough for me as a child then it's certainly good enough for my kids". Certainly that's my thinking. I had a few of the books. I loved them. I have fond memories of my mum and dad reading them to me. Now that I've got children, I can't wait to do the same. The stories are timeless and, more often, than not carry a good message. The illustrations are simple and accessible. But you probably know all of this.

What about this particular box-set then. It's expensive. Eye-wateringly expensive really. 100quid! For some children's books! BUt there are 47 books in total, covering all of the Mr Men (but not the Little Miss series). Per-book then, the cost works out at about 2.13 per book. And that's not including the nifty box to keep them all in.

The box is a double-walled cardboard affair, about the same size as a shoe-box. Not quite like the one pictured in the photo on the amazon product page which looks more like it's made out of thick plastic. It does a good job of holding the books in place and would sit nicely on a bookshelf, with the lid on or off. With the lid off, the books are in sequence and stacked neatly so that images on the spines combine to spell out "my Mr Men Library" in a kind of scrawled handwriting. A cute touch.

It still seems expensive, so a quick look on Amazon revealed that, if you bought them individually, the books will set you back about 2.50 each. Another case where buying in bulk saves you a bit and, in this case, gets you a presentation box too. There are other box-sets and collectors editions available, including one of "all 50 books" (not sure what the extra 3 are), which looks like it went out of print a while ago, but it's available for less than half the price of this one...

At the end of the day you pays your money and you makes your choice. I'm delighted with this box set and am sure that it will get plenty of use over the coming years. Come on, it's the Mr Men. What's not to like?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for early reading, 9 Mar 2010
We've had this box set for two weeks and every single night my kids (3 and 4.5) have wanted these stories. The only battle is how many they are allowed to have and getting them to pick from the vast selection. Absolutely great investment in my kids language and reading ability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for 2 yr olds!, 10 Feb 2010
Leonora Chieng (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my niece on her 2nd birthday & she absolutely loves it!!!

Mr. Men My Complete Collection
Mr. Men My Complete Collection by Roger Hargreaves (Paperback - 10 Aug 2012)
105.75