5.0 out of 5 stars Great first chapter book, 15 Aug 2010
Audy B (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I just finished my four-and-a-half year old daughter my copy of this book, and she LOVED it. It brought back wonderful memories for me as well! It's all about the very everyday adventures of a little girl (set some time in the 1960s or 1970s, I'm guessing), as narrated by her big sister. Gorgeous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great My naughty Little Sister Book, 7 Jun 2009
M. McCluskey (Carnamah, Western Australia) - See all my reviews
My grandaughter and I really enjoyed reading this book. We read a chapter every night as her bedtime story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 10 May 2013
Enjoyed it very much, great wholesome stories of a time not so long ago when things seemed so simple, told and seen through a childs eye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stories for little girls at bedtime, 5 Oct 2012
I have the box set, and my five-year-old loves having Naughty Little Sister stories read to her at bedtime.

When she was younger, she identified more with the Naughty Sister, and found these later stories a little dull. Now that she's a big girl who goes to school, she's identifying more with the Big Sister who is telling the stories, has developed a very strong sense of morality (and keeps telling me she is going to put me on the "Raincloud" chart whenever I do something that she doesn't like), and is going much more for the Naughty Little Sister's attempts to be good - though she still emits a big laugh when she is naughty instead!

The stories in this book also feature some where the Naughty Sister is still only a toddler, which my daughter likes because her brother is only a toddler too.

The content of the stories suggest they are set round about the 1930s - I was the Naughty Little Sister's age in the 1970s, and I can vouch that they were old stories even then! - so sometimes I have to explain historical detail to my daughter, like why milk is being delivered in a horse and cart. But children are children, whatever the era, and this is one of the most realistic children in modern literature.

Excellent fun!

ARRAY(0xa4ea0f3c)

When My Naughty Little Sister Was Good
When My Naughty Little Sister Was Good by Dorothy Edwards (Paperback - 2 Aug 2010)
4.49