5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful
Published on 12 May 2011 by AvidBookReader

1.0 out of 5 stars Funny
That is so funny can't wait for the next book the story's say something to me like I say something
Published 3 months ago by isabella maher

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, 12 May 2011
I never read this book as a child. I am now a Mother of three little ones (7, 5 and baby). Each night I sit with my two older children and we read stories together. I'm always on the lookout for new stories that I can read with my children. I saw this and thought we'd give it a go. The three of us just fell in love with the Naughty Little Sister, and all the characters. Even my 5 year old boy was utterly enchanted. This book is for both sexes, and it's one of the most 'feel good' books of all time. The illustrations are wonderful, and the stories, are just the right length for bed time. Each one is so moving and touching. There were stories, such as when they babysit for a little baby, that had us laughing heartily. Others feeling a little emotional and warm and fuzzy. You never get to find out what the little girls name is, but she's such a sweet little thing, get's into a lot of mischief. But it's not like Horrid Henry, it's nothing malicious or really naughty. I think this is what makes the book so charming, that she's just a normal, lively, but sweet little girl. All the characters are warm and loving.

If you're looking for the perfect bedtime story, that will send your children to bed thinking the world is a wonderful place, then read this.
I'm certain that my children will grow up remembering how good they felt when they read this book. I have no doubts that they, one day, will be fondly reading it to their children. A must for every book shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 10 Nov 2003
I first read this book as a little girl, my sister then read it, now I have introduced them to my daughter. This is a book for all to enjoy, I recently read a few stories to my daughter and the memories came flooding back. Who can resist someone so deliciously naughty but has had heart of gold on the inside. Go on be transported back to a world of hot buttered toast and piping hot tea, you will love it and so will youre kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars For boys too!, 5 Nov 2008
I sure don't know why this is billed 'for little girls' because my 5 year old son loves it. He loved the stories from age 3 and still loves to listen to them. I have a feeling he associates with the naughty little sister - she's a bit naughty and gets really angry sometimes, but at heart she's a nice kid.

I loved these stories when I was a child and it's great to see that they still appeal. They have a timelessness - just about being a child in a world you don't quite understand always. Not sure how much they would appeal to those very young children who appear to have been brought up on Harry Potter (at 5??) but you never know, it might give them a step back into a gentler, more appropriate place!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stories about a very naughty girl!, 17 Jun 2009
E. Nash "Ele" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
Jan Francis is perfect as the narrator of these tales about a little sister who behaves in a way we would all like to have done as children! Written from the viewpoint of her much more serious, easily-shocked older sister, Dorothy Edwards has included the reader / listener in the fun of being aghast at her antics. Despite being written 50 years ago, the stories feel reasonably fresh and still very funny; especially her discription of Father Christmas as "that horrid old man"!

5.0 out of 5 stars memories..., 15 Feb 2004
my mother use to read these books to me and my older sister.i'm 19 now and remember just how great they are and how they always taught me and my sister a moral lesson every story we read. it always made us feel guilty if we had done something naughty that day!! also the illistrations are bright and colourful and helps the child's imagination adapt to the story more. they're great for bedtime reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A nostalgic but good book for the newly fluent reader, 11 Jun 2011
This review is from: My Naughty Little Sister (Paperback)
I remember purchasing this book from a school book saving scheme way back when I was in reception class. My daughter is 6 and takes this into school to read during the apppointed 10 minute reading sessions. It is a little quaint perhaps but each chapter represents a story in itself and therefore, perfect to ease the transition from story books into a novel. My 3 year old daughter is also enjoying the stories. Great for children who have younger siblings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 5 May 2007
I read this as a child and loved the entire series dearly, so much so my copies are in quite a sorry state. It certain brings back memories and used to relate whole-heartedly when reading about the little girl's antics, with my own little sister. Definately something I would read to my children and grandchildren.

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Little Sister, 21 Feb 2009
I picked up a copy of My Naughty Little Sister stories for a stocking filler without having heard of them previously. What a delight! My 7 year old daughter absolutely loves them, and I have to say so do I! the stories are well observed, nicely written wholesome and fun. I can't recommend them more. Enjoy !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase ever, 14 Sep 2009
My almost 4 year old girl LOVES this CD. She has had it for over a year and is still favoring it over a bedtime story ready by mum. I can not recommend this enough. We've also got My naughty little sister and bad Harry and love it equally. Just wish there were more of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Naughty Little Sister, 17 Jan 2013
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Naughty Little Sister (Paperback)
My six year old daughter loves this book, which I cannot believe has been in print for over fifty years. I remember reading this myself as a girl and I read my daughter the stories, which I have in a gift book The Complete My Naughty Little Sister Storybook. However, now she can read them alone, she found the large book quite hard to hold and this paperback version is ideal. The print is larger than in most paperbacks, and also well spaced, making it easier for younger children to follow and the illustrations are included. There are fifteen stories in this first volume, which include all sorts of events any small child will understand and relate to - for example, going to a pantomime or a party, making friends and having a wobbly tooth. Delightful, warm and funny, this is a fantastic book of stories to read alone or together and should be on the bookshelf of every child.

My Naughty Little Sister
My Naughty Little Sister by Dorothy Edwards (Paperback - 2 Aug 2010)