5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed laughs (yet again!)
My daughter (aged 9, nearly 10) has read all 8 of these Mr Gum books. Every time she gets one she can't wait to read it and laughs non-stop all the way through. No sign of getting bored of them! The only slight negative I can think of is that they're fairly short books - they're read and finished in a day
Published on 5 Nov 2010 by Stu

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed
I have read a few Mr Gum book before and really enjoyed but I was a bit disappointed with this book.
Published 5 months ago by fun game to play

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed laughs (yet again!), 5 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Bedtime Treat, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
I read these books to my 9 year old daughter, we both love the all the Mr Gum stories and The Secret Hideout is another not to be missed.
Can't wait for the next!!!! Bedtimes are not the same without Mr Gum

5.0 out of 5 stars Something different., 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
My 10 year old loves these books! She says the writing and text is different and very creative. She is hooked and we often hear her laugh out loud. FANTASTIC!

5.0 out of 5 stars yet more vintage gum, 29 Nov 2010
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
Andy Stanton lives in a wibbly wobbly world of his own. The Mr Gum books are wonderful surrealist humour in the tradition of Spike Milligan and Monty Python. As much fun for adults as for the kids, actually caught myself fighting over this book with my eight year old, who had to remind me that I had bought it for him. The truth is a lemon meringue!

5.0 out of 5 stars My first read of a Mr Gum book, 7 Feb 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
Just like the story ends with a back-to-front chapter, this, book 8, was my first Mr Gum book. I loved it and laughed my leg off, especially, as for me, Mr Gum was from Yorkshire and Friday O'Leary from Northern Ireland. What an odd place Lamonic Bibber is and I'd love to visit The Department of Clouds and Yoghurts.

I will be making sure my mum and dad buy me the other books (or maybe I'll use some of my spends).

The truth is a LEMON MERINGUE!

Alex E (age 6) (spellings provided by the voice of Friday O'Leary)

5.0 out of 5 stars We can't wait for bedtime., 8 Dec 2010
robotfish "robotfish" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
Well, I've just finished reading this to my two boys (5 & 7). It was our first visit to this odd world, and we loved it so much we shall be going back again and again. Is it funny? Oh yes. All 3 of us were in tears laughing as Crazy Dave wrote his message to Polly & Friday out in birdseed. Inspired stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars reading status, 24 Sep 2013
Ms. Paula Macgregor (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
I got this as my son who has had trouble in learning to read has discovered the joy of fun books with quirky characters. this is fun for kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for reluctant readers, 7 May 2011
Kym O'Mahony (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
If you've got a reluctant reader in your family this series may be just the thing to flick the switch and turn on their love of reading. We have all the Mr Gum books and my boys 9 and 11 love them to bits, they're the scruffiest most well thumbed books on the shelf. I have a dyslexic child who despite a passion for books took a while to learn to read. These Mr Gum books sent him on his way and now he reads so much, he hardly comes up for air! Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout is funny from the first page, hooking kids (and parents) in from the get go. The chapters are funny, crazy and short. Perfect for kids with learning/reading difficulties as too much print on the page can be overwhelming. If you like to laugh - and all children do - you'll love these Andy Stanton books. A great stepping stone, making learning to read fun and an invaluable addition to the family library.

5.0 out of 5 stars The secret story at the end, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout (Paperback)
As usual, there's a secret story at the end. I finished the book with my daughter last night and tonight's task is to read it all over again but in the right order this time..

An inspired idea..

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read and so very funty!, 19 Jun 2014
This book is a joyous and hilarious read my 8 year old could not put it down. Shabba me whiskers!

Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout
Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout by Andy Stanton (Paperback - 2 May 2011)
Used & New from: 0.01