5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Edition of a Classic
Published on 7 July 2010 by ariesgirl

1.0 out of 5 stars Some time soon
I placed an order for this book on the 28th August. Still waiting. Hoping it gets here soon for my grandsons birthday on the 7th December
Published on 6 Nov 2012 by lichtielor

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Edition of a Classic, 7 July 2010
This review is from: Thomas the Tank Engine (65TH Anniversary Edition) (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully presented book which I bought for my two year old grandson who loves the Thomas stories every bit as much as my son and daughter did in their time. The paper is thick and creamy and the illustrations are quite lovely in a more delicate and muted way than they appear in the standard books. The additional material on how the series came to be written and the problems in finding an illustrator who knew as much about trains as Rev Awdry was interesting to me, but not yet to my grandson. I very much hope that the publisher brings out some others in the series in the same format - Henry the Green Engine would be particularly welcome as The Flying Kipper is my grandson's favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem!, 27 Dec 2011
One of those books to treasure forever. Grandson is only two, will have to carefully show him all the amazing pages. Great service, thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 1 Aug 2012
Aw Robinson "Adamthenav" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
What a wonderful book. This book is a faithful reprint of one of the original Railway Series books and keeps my two-year old transfixed. It has good, old-fashioned values and doesn't talk down to children or patronise them, just tells four lovely stories of the Island of Sodor. I've now had to buy the boxed-set of all 26 original stories as a result -be warned!

1.0 out of 5 stars Some time soon, 6 Nov 2012

Thomas the Tank Engine (65TH Anniversary Edition)
Thomas the Tank Engine (65TH Anniversary Edition) by Rev. Wilbert Vere Awdry (Hardcover - 7 Jun 2010)
Used & New from: £11.83