5.0 out of 5 stars ArchEnemy
Bought for my daughter, she loves books and has enjoyed it. Arrived quickly enjoy.
Nowt more to say, word count pain in bum.
Published 6 months ago by Ian M hutchinson

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit slow for a finale
I read the first two books in the series quite quickly and really enjoyed them, I started this one but for multiple reasons I haven't had much time to read over the last week or so so this got put to the side. I had a day off today so decided to finish it.

Published 4 months ago by Barmy_Bex

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit slow for a finale, 30 Mar 2014

Alyss and Redd are still at war but now they also have a common enemy - Arch. Determined to take over and make Wonderland into a Kingdom he disables the Heart Crystal rendering Alyss and Redd's powers useless.

Alyss must try to defeat Arch and get rid of Redd before all of Wonderland is lost forever.

I was expecting great things from this book after the first two and I wanted it to answer all my questions and I don't know just be exciting. I have to admit I was a little disappointed. The plot felt very disjointed to me, it would move from one scenario and character to another, back and forth and I found myself losing interest and forgetting what was going on. I would just get into part of it and it would change to something else. Not only that but it felt more complicated than it needed to be, I started to get bored, I just wanted the book to get on with it. Normally I will sit and read a book and look at teh page numbers and be like 'wow I've read over 100 pages already' but with this one I would look and be like 'has it really only been 30 pages!' It just seemed to be really slow and at times I had to make myself keep reading.

Overall the story isn't bad and it does resolve 99% of events and character questions but I just feel like it could have been done a lot quicker and with less interruptions.

Good if you want to finish the series, but a bit disappointing in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars ArchEnemy, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars) (Paperback)
Nowt more to say, word count pain in bum.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars) (Paperback)
I have been trying to find this trilogy for ages and it was such a great price too. I love the fact that this is Alice in Wonderland as you've never read it before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Sep 2011
This is one of the best books I've ever read. The whole series is something you should definitely read before you die. While book number one if focused around princess Alyss, number two about Redd Heart, this takes King Arch of Borderlands story into perspective (therefrom the title.) A must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars) (Paperback)
After a friend recommended the looking glass wars to me, I agreed. Generally I enjoy alternative novels such as Wicked, Mirror Mirror etc. I finished "The Looking Glass Wars" in about a week and absolutely loved it I therefore set about ordering all three books. The second one I found not to be as good, also reviews I had read stated that the third book was not as good as the first or second. However I read the third book just as easily as I read the first. It was absolutely fantastic and I loved every second of it, this book is amazing and I really hope there is another installment on the way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been a lot better, but still worth reading., 15 Jun 2010
This review is from: ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars) (Paperback)
Anyone who has read the first two books of The Looking Glass Wars trilogy will know how brilliant the story is. Beddor's imagination fits in perfectly with an almost teenage to adult version of Alice in Wonderland. The first two were so entralling and exciting, but this one seems to go a little flat. In places you often wonder if the plot is getting a little random, at points it's like Beddor himself doesn't even know where it's going. But to finish off the trilogy it's worth a read. There are excellent and engaging moments, don't get me wrong. But it's difficult not to compare it to the other two superior novels.

3.0 out of 5 stars Arch Enemy, 12 April 2010
This review is from: ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars) (Paperback)
T'was very good, especially liked the end. Possibly not as good as the first book as it was not quite so engaging. Looking forward to more from Beddor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug 2014
happy with item

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug 2014
Great series

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing end to a good story..., 24 Mar 2011
M. Ali (East Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars) (Paperback)
The story starts directly from the second book. There is a great build-up to the end which comes and goes so quick! The story is wrapped up in a short chapter. It is extremely rushed (I remember thinking: is that it!).

ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars)
ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars) by Frank Beddor (Paperback - 1 Mar 2010)
5.99