4.0 out of 5 stars Charlie Bone - Grand Finale!, 7 Oct 2009
Lizzie B (Loughton, England) - See all my reviews
This book is the last in the Charlie Bone series. I bought these books for my nine year old son - he enjoyed them so much that he persuaded me to read them too. We have been waiting patiently for this one to be published. Whilst the outcome is not a surprise,the route to get there is and I genuinely did not guess the identity of the Red Knight. The book is beautifully written and fans of the series will not be disappointed. I was sad to reach the last page - but next year I think that I will read them all again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Always left wanting more, 14 Sep 2009
P. Corner (Essex) - See all my reviews
The final volume in the Charlie Bone series does not dissappoint.
This has been an excellent series by Jenny Nimmo. It finally reaches a dramtic climax with a battle on the heath between the forces of good and evil. Revelations are uncovered and storylines are completed in a race to the last page. Indeed, the only reson I did not give five stars is that the pacing is perhaps a little too quick in this volume. It's a minor quibble though as the characters we have come to love all have their part to play and in the end fill our hearts with joy.

I hope that there will be more about Charlie and his friends from Jenny Nimmo as there are still a few questions I would ask. For example; what about Mathilda?

One question for the publishers, what about a hard back edition of the first book in the series?

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, 6 Sep 2009
A Kid's Review
I ordered this book on wednesday, and got it on satrurday (great delivery from amazon!) and read in about a day. It is very well written and a great ending to the first 7 books (I have read them all!) Rumour has it that Jenny Nimmo (amazing author) is writing a 'children of the red king trilogy' or something so if you like this look out for the rest of the books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of towners, 10 Jan 2011
I finally received this book a full month after I ordered it. It is in great condition and I have one small regret about the purchase, as it would have been nice to have been informed that overseas shipping would take a ridiculous amount of time longer and that there would be no way to track the progress of the parcel. The seller was helpful in sharing that information with me after I reached out to them twice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but why have Edgmont done this??, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: Charlie Bone and the Red Knight (Paperback)
Firstly, as an end to the series, this was a great book. It zips along nicely, just like the others, and while some people will probably, inevitably, guess the identity of the Knight, it will surprise a few too. Will there be any follow ups to these books? I'd like to know what happened to Mathilda for one thing. ;) I look forward to seeing what else Nimmo comes up with after reading these and the Snow Spider books to my family. :)

But Edgmont - the publisher - WHY have you done this to the livery? For the past seven years we've had some attractive, colourful covers that show scenes from the book. The hardback versions have been the same - even the hardback version of this one fitted in with the rest. But now you've published this on in paperback, you've changed them ALL. WHY? What's the point? The spine art is sweet, but the images on the front aren't even as nice as the others were. Will we be able to get a copy of this book with the other style livery? I now have an upset kid who wants all his books to match, and we were very hopeful for these considering the consistency of the others. The response to this was 'why are they being mean?' When publishers do this, it annoys their customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 11 May 2014
I have read every single book of the Charlie Bone series. It is incredible how Jenny Nimmo can weite all of these books.I tell you what, after I have bought the book, I just start reading an normally get it finished the day after! I love the Charlie Bone series, I think that Jenny Nimmo should continue the series to 'Series 20'! Charlie Bone and the other characters in the booki are incredible too. I think that it should be made into a film/movie like the Harry Potter series has done because it woud let the readers know what the people, buildings and the way they were speaking like better. Thank you Jenny Nimmo for writing such great books not only for me but also for other Charlie Bone lovers to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 30 Mar 2014
Really good enjoyed the whole series and think they'd be good as a film, very surprising outcomes too, must read

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Charlie Bone and the Red Knight (Paperback)
I was as eager as my son for this one to arrive, at last we can find out what happens with the enchanter and Billy Raven

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series ever!!!, 24 July 2013
It s such a wonderfull book filled with adventure,mystery and thriller .perfect for 11-12 year olds even younger.I love it

Charlie Bone and the Red Knight
Charlie Bone and the Red Knight by Jenny Nimmo (Paperback - 4 Jun 2010)
4.79