5.0 out of 5 stars Cat's back!!!
I have been waiting to read this since book 5 came out two years ago. It has been a long wait but definitely worth it.
Published on 1 May 2011 by Barmy_Bex

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing for a Cat Royal book
Published on 14 April 2011 by Reader8

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat's back!!!, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal) (Paperback)
Cat has now traveled around the world but is finally heading back to London. Upon arrival she parts ways with Billy Shephard and goes back to her old turf, welcomed back by old friend Syd and the Butcher's Boys Gang she feels like she is home. But before she has a chance to settle down properly Mr Sheridan calls round with some very interesting news. He has had word from a woman who could possibly be related to Cat. Piecing together clues from when she was abandoned as a baby it looks likely, but Cat must travel to find out.
With her new friend Bridget, Cat sets off for Scotland determined to find out if she really does have a family. I loved this book, I've been hoping all through the series that Cat will find out where she came from and this book is a lovely journey of self-discovery. Cat is growing up and getting more independent, but still very attached to her friends. I love her loyalty but also her urge for adventure.
She ends up working in a Cotton Mill, this is very well researched and I found it very interesting, you really learn about how those places worked back in 1792! There is a host of new characters in this book and I love little Jeannie, so sweet. Although I did miss the presence of Pedro, something feels wrong without him by Cat's side, but I can see how it fits with the story, just hope he will be in any future stories.
Once again the writing carries you away and makes you feel as if you are right there next to Cat and her friends. I laughed out loud in places and teared up in others. Very well done. I'm hoping there will more in the series. Julia Golding says on her website she is hoping for nine books in the series but the Publishers have to agree and give the OK, if they have any sense they won't hesitate.
The only disappointment I have is that they have changed all the books to these new covers and are no longer going to release it in the old design. I'm very picky about my collection and like all my books to match. But it looks like in this case I'll have to be content with what I have.
Overall another great Cat Royal book and I'm sorry to say goodbye to a character who has come to life like a friend. Will have to re-read them some time to get re-acquainted, farewell for now Miss Royal.

5.0 out of 5 stars cats cradle, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal) (Paperback)
great book, read all of the books and am really enjoying this one too, very very very very very good

5.0 out of 5 stars fab book, 7 Jan 2012
This is the best book ever written it has a little bit of every thing in it. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat's Cradle, 27 May 2011
This review is from: Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal) (Paperback)
It was a wonderful tale of Cat Royal, traveling to Scotland, in search of her parents. I highly recommend reading it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing for a Cat Royal book, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal) (Paperback)
After a long wait, the 6th Cat Royal book is here. Nowhere near as good as the previous books though. Took a long time to really get into the story and new characters weren't very interesting either. Ending was a bit too convenient as well. All the books now have new covers - annoying if you've been following Cat from the start and have all the old style covers (which I prefer anyway).

1.0 out of 5 stars Childish, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal) (Paperback)
really should not have bought this but found it predictable and boring. Did not even finish it. Terrible. Just don't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back Cat!, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal) (Paperback)
After months of waiting for Cats Cradel, I immediately started reading once I recived it in the mail. Overall I loved the book, like I do every other Cat Royal, but it was not my favorite. Since Cat is about 15 or 16 (I think) in this book I was hoping for a TINY bit of romance for Cat. The previous books had led me to believe there might have been something with Billy or Frank that would be rising to the surface in this book, but none came. (Well there might have been a little with Frank, if you wanted to see it that way, but it was very subtle.) That was probably the biggest disappointment with the book, but I have my fingers crossed for her and Frank in the next book!
The story itself, was good, though a little more serious than the others, I thought because it was about Cats long lost family. The action which has alway been present throughout the whole Cat series, did not appear in this book till the end, but the story still kept me turning pages from begining to the very last page.I couldn't put it down, and then I was left wanting more! All in all it was another wonderful book by Julia Golding, and I am eagerly awaiting the publication date of next Cat book so I can mark it on my calendar. So Julia if you read this, WRITE FAST!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moo days, 22 April 2013
That was one of the best reads I've had in a while. Certainly a change from the usual love struck romance I say well done to Julia. I must warn those who have not already realized this a sixth in the series. Well worth the price
A very different tale referring to cats up bringing and friends very odd bringing rabbie in after all this time Bridgets absolutely awesome. Hope you get this if you do good on you.
For all my YORKIES out there bringing some YORKSHIRE TO the kindle life

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, 28 Mar 2013
In this book, Cat Royal arrives in London only to find that her family may have been found - in Scotland!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 31 Dec 2012
I found all of the cat royal books the best books that i have ever read so far. this particular book is not my favourite out of the series but i found it amazing anyways. i think the writing is GREAT and i just couldn't put the book down. i love these books so much and i hope the next book comes out soon!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT. my favourite book out of the series is black heart of jamaica and i hope the next is better!!! I LOVE CAT ROYAL.

Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal)
Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal) by Julia Golding (Paperback - 2011)
5.59