5.0 out of 5 stars Gone - Lyrical Reviews
If you need to go on a crash diet then my advice is to read this book. When I first downloaded Gone onto my Kindle I thought it was going to take me ages to get through it as it's pretty hefty - digitally speaking - but within only a few days I was distraught to find I'd hit the last page. Apart from work I suspended all other activities and a bowl of cereal became a...
Published on 3 July 2011 by purpledoor64

2.0 out of 5 stars A teenage version of the x-men
`Gone' is simply a teenage version of the x-men, with a watered down bit of `Lord of the Flies' thrown in there too. It reads like a television series but Michael Grant has tried to make it more substantial with the vast numbers of characters included. I don't think he has quite pulled it off.

The plot is pretty straightforward and, though I hate to admit it,...
Published 12 months ago by Sarah Brown

‹ Previous | 126 27 2833 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys an exciting read, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
Well written with gripping content. Difficult to put down and unexpected ending.
Would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys an exciting read.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm still not convinced as to what my opinion of this book is., 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Gone (Paperback)
I was contemplating as to whether I should rate this book 4 or 3 stars, but after a while I decided upon giving it 3 simply because it didn't meet the high expectations I had for it after having read raving reviews and seen so many copies of it gracing bookstores.

Well, I'll start out by saying that this wasn't a BAD book by any respect; I was actually legitimately gripped throughout the last 100 pages or so, but considering that there were roughly 400 pages before that, this isn't actually that much of a compliment as all books do generally get more exciting than they were initially as the climax approaches.

The storyline was a pretty good idea initially, but it did feel a little bit like the author had a range of different ideas and wanted to cram every single one into the...parallel universe of sorts that the kids end up in. I mean, talking coyotes, no adults, a barrier around the town, superpowers, mutated animals, gravel body parts and huge whip arms are all very exciting elements to a storyline when they're used in moderation, but when every single one was involved in the plotline in some way I did start to wonder just how this was all relevant. Having said that, this was only the first in a series, and I imagine that things are explained in later books. I would hope so, anyway.

Then there were the characters...and to be honest, I didn't really like most of them all that much. I thought Sam was a bit of a stereotypical hero and although I wouldn't have said he was a dislikeable character, I certainly wasn't all that worried about what happened to him, or most of the other named characters. Having said that, I did find some of the characters interesting: namely Mary, Little Pete, Diana, Lana and Edilio. The others? I didn't really empathise with them all that much.

So, I guess this book was good: a gripping (albeit slightly confusing and overelaborated) plot, a few fairly likeable characters, and written in the third person, which made a nice change as most teen fiction novels seem to be written in first person narrative nowadays. I certainly wouldn't say it was as great as I'd expected, though. Maybe it just wasn't quite for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone review, 13 Oct 2014
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
This is definitely a book to keep reading, I just wish there was more of a round off ending where we found stuff if it in more detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
I've read the first three books and they were AMAZING! The second time I read it, I noticed so many things I hadn't realized before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for adults or teens, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this. Some great ideas and characters executed well. A real page turner! Can't wait to read the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
Thank you for an Exceeding good can not put down read, just like mr kippalings cakes, can't wait to read the next book

2.0 out of 5 stars Alright but not a classic, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
Not the best of books but an easy read.

Don't expect a classic. One for teenagers probably more than adults

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson (14) thought this was great, 12 Feb 2010
Dr. Gjt Scott (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gone (Paperback)
So good, he suggested I order the sequel (Hunger), which has just arrived and awaiting his attention this week-end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone, 28 Jan 2010
John Sales "Shadowen69" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gone (Hardcover)
A good story for all ages, left me sitting on the edge some times and im looking forward to reading part 2

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: Gone (Hardcover)
An amazing book that can easily be up their with the harry potters and twilight sagas, fantastic, dont take my word for it read it yourselves.

‹ Previous | 126 27 2833 | Next ›

Gone
Gone by Michael Grant (Paperback - 1 Oct 2010)