‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, 16 Feb 2009
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Thomas' Really Useful Word Book (Board book)
My little boy who is 2 years old was given this book for Christmas and he just loves loves loves it! He usually has the attention span of a knat but he has spent hours looking at it both with myself and on his own (very good when trying to cook dinner!). Not only can he recognise the words and pictures but as there are running themes through the book you can ask questions and make him find things. I really believe this book has brought on his vocabulary leaps and bounds - it also gives us the chance to sit down together! This book is charming, quaint and most importantly childishly innocent - I would recommend this book to anyone with a small child - not just for Thomas fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars top gift, 17 July 2009
A great book for toddlers aged 1 plus. My son loved it, as did my neighbour's boy. It consists of several "tableaux" / scenes e.g at the station/in the country/on the farm/ at the beach / in the town packed with loads of detail (e.g. a mouse in every picture,)in good, clear simple cartoon style. Great for testing and building their vocabulary. There's not really a story as such, although you do follow the progress of a clown on his way to a birthday party. It's far superior for this age group than some of the small board books of the original Thomas stories where the story is badly edited from the originals using stills from the TV programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best in flight entertainment yet!, 25 Aug 2009
I bought this book just as I was about to take my 18month old twins on a 3 hour flight. It was a fantastic. I think we managed to occupy at least 2 hours with it - pretty good considering the usual attention span is about 5 minutes. Each page has lots to talk about, all themes are covered and Thomas the Tank Engine crops up on every page. It is helping to develop their speech and understanding of words. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, educational and fun Thomas book, 9 Jan 2011
We chose this hard-back book as one of a few to take on a flight with a 3-y-o who LOVES Thomas. We certainly weren't disappointed, and neither was he. The book shows Thomas in several different scenarios (at the beach, in town, at the zoo, etc) and is brightly illustrated with interesting and detailed pictures. For each picture, there are a dozen or so things illustrated round the outside of the main picture with the name of them underneath. This means you can spend some time finding all the individual named things in the main picture as well as looking at the main picture itself. There's lots going on in all the pictures and lots to talk about, make noises for, etc. It's kept his attention for several months and we're pleased that it's an entirely appropriate book for him, with nothing but interesting stuff to see! He will happily look at it on his own or with us. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for new vocabulary., 8 Feb 2010
This book is a real hit with my son (3). It has grown with him over the past 2 years and I have seen huge leaps in his vocabulary by using this book. The pictures are very well illustrated and if you look closely you can see the attention to detail as one scene links to others later in the book. The pictures are also consistent with the map and are great for encouraging word play and story telling. I cannot praise this book enough, in fact it's the second copy that I have bought because the first edition was so well thumbed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 10 Mar 2010
I have been childminding for 10 yrs, and believe every under-4 child should have a copy of this book - it keeps them fascinated for hours, either with adult company or on their own. There's so much to look for on each page, the pictures are bright and clear with dozens of familiar objects. My first copy (after 9 years mainly held together with much sellotape) has at last been replaced, and this new version is even better as it's a board book, slightly smaller than the original, but otherwise exactly the same content. It has been the most used book I have ever bought!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots to talk about, 9 Jun 2014
With a different scenario on each page, this books opens doors to lots of conversations with your toddler. We've been using it before and after our own trips (eg. If we are going to the zoo we will spend time on the zoo page). Our son is obsessed with trains, so having a train in every scene really helps keep him interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful colourful book, 27 May 2014
Y. LAM - See all my reviews
Very useful and colourful book with many pictures and useful words for young kids to start reading and learning words. I love reading it myself too.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 May 2014
bought this for my 2 year old grandson, he reads this book every time he visits he can look for different things in the book as well as the trains, he loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars My nearly two year olds favourite book, 11 Jan 2014
This has been a hit with our 22 month old son. He loves Thomas and wants to carry this around everywhere. Pages are easy for him to turn by himself. Nice scenes with lots of good words and things to spot. Recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›