5.0 out of 5 stars I love it
I was so hooked! William Nicholson is one of my favourites now! And the next book is just as good!
Published 8 months ago by orientalspring0926

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than The Wind Singer
Although I did think that this novel was an improvement on The Wind Singer, I was still disappointed in it as a whole.

Published 2 months ago by Kim Dyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than The Wind Singer, 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: Slaves of the Mastery (The Wind on Fire Trilogy) (Paperback)

The story showed a marked improvement in terms of quality of prose and pacing but it contained little development for the principle cast (except for Bowman). Kestrel starts out the novel as a strong character but starts to become a damsel in distress towards the end in order to allow Bowman more room for development. Mumpo also is treated very badly by the author - never seeming to learn and grow from his actions within the novel. This is a shame as he was the most lovable character in The Wind Singer and now I have lost much of the sympathy I had for him.

The novel also contains some very out dated attitudes to women. Though I expect that the advocation that it's most important for a woman to be beautiful were included in the name of satire, it was still tiresome to read. I like my female characters to be strong and independent. I don't like them to be only concerned with attracting cute guys.

All in all, it was well written but the lack of a strong cast prevented me from becoming too engaged with the story. I'm curious about how the series will conclude but have no burning desire to read Firesong any time soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 20 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Slaves of the Mastery, 30 Jan 2014
I was recommended this Trilogy and it was the first of my Kindle purchases brilliant for children and adults. I recommend this series highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars the adventure contunued, 14 April 2013
another brilliant story the characters just as vivid yet changed in so many ways.
a sense of unease at the beginning turns to fear anger and suffering

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 April 2013
Read these books as a teenager and was keen to re-read. Who could resist at such a low price ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 28 Mar 2013
This book was really good because it had a really good story . Also the technique of the writer was amazing the way he described things was magnificent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 14 Feb 2013
Amazing. I love everything that this author writes. Fantastic read for adults as well as younger readers. Would definitely recommend this to lovers of fantasy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best book in the fire trilogy, 14 Feb 2013
the whole trilogy were my favourite children book to read in my early teens, i just had to re-read slaves of the mastry, i feel the romance scene is that of romeo and juliet (with no similarity) but it captivated that level of emotion within me,
this book is absolutely fantastic and one of the best books i have ever read

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 20 Jan 2013
An amazing second book from an amazing trilogy. I read this and couldn't stop reading! A very exiting book. A must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose yourself in this great fantasy adventure, 1 Dec 2010
This will make my 9 year old son very happy when he opens this from his grandparents at Christmas! We really enjoyed reading the Windsinger, the first in the trilogy at bedtime, but couldn't wait until the next evening to read more! Not surprised to see the next two books at the top of his Christmas list and looking forward to reading them with him. A great fantasy adventure I would recommend it for adults who like this genre too! Firesong (The Wind on Fire Trilogy). The Wind Singer (The Wind on Fire Trilogy)

Slaves of the Mastery (The Wind on Fire Trilogy)
Slaves of the Mastery (The Wind on Fire Trilogy) by William Nicholson (Paperback - 7 Mar 2011)