5.0 out of 5 stars I love it
I was so hooked! William Nicholson is one of my favourites now! And the next book is just as good!
Published 4 months ago by orientalspring0926

3.0 out of 5 stars a sequel, but NOT a tired rehash!
This reads like a sequel, with the consequent pitfall that the reader is expected to be familiar with the personalities of the main protagonists, who are therefore given little characterisation.

That aside, all of the characters are well written, with some depth given to even the most apparently stereotypical.

I approached this book with some...
Published on 16 Feb 2011 by Alexa

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Slaves of the Mastery (The Wind on Fire Trilogy) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slaves of the Mastery, 30 Jan 2014
I was recommended this Trilogy and it was the first of my Kindle purchases brilliant for children and adults. I recommend this series highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars the adventure contunued, 14 April 2013
another brilliant story the characters just as vivid yet changed in so many ways.
a sense of unease at the beginning turns to fear anger and suffering

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 April 2013
Read these books as a teenager and was keen to re-read. Who could resist at such a low price ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 28 Mar 2013
This book was really good because it had a really good story . Also the technique of the writer was amazing the way he described things was magnificent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 14 Feb 2013
Amazing. I love everything that this author writes. Fantastic read for adults as well as younger readers. Would definitely recommend this to lovers of fantasy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best book in the fire trilogy, 14 Feb 2013
the whole trilogy were my favourite children book to read in my early teens, i just had to re-read slaves of the mastry, i feel the romance scene is that of romeo and juliet (with no similarity) but it captivated that level of emotion within me,
this book is absolutely fantastic and one of the best books i have ever read

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 20 Jan 2013
An amazing second book from an amazing trilogy. I read this and couldn't stop reading! A very exiting book. A must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose yourself in this great fantasy adventure, 1 Dec 2010
This will make my 9 year old son very happy when he opens this from his grandparents at Christmas! We really enjoyed reading the Windsinger, the first in the trilogy at bedtime, but couldn't wait until the next evening to read more! Not surprised to see the next two books at the top of his Christmas list and looking forward to reading them with him. A great fantasy adventure I would recommend it for adults who like this genre too! Firesong (The Wind on Fire Trilogy). The Wind Singer (The Wind on Fire Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wind on Fire Trilogy, 19 April 2010
S. Fraser "Home Tutor" (Altrincham, UK) - See all my reviews
This 2nd book in the trilogy is a stimulating and challenging read for 9-10 year olds. My 10yr old daughter is enjoying the trilogy immensely. She is reading it aloud to me and it really allows me to probe her understanding of the text. There are a huge number of words that she hasn't come across before and as a result I believe it is really helping to build her vocabulary. I can't say I'd recommend it for ages under 9 unless the reader has a 'reading age' well ahead of their years.

Slaves of the Mastery (The Wind on Fire Trilogy)
Slaves of the Mastery (The Wind on Fire Trilogy) by William Nicholson (Paperback - 7 Mar 2011)
5.59