on 18 May 2004
As you'd expect, Mr Nosy is a very inquisitive fellow, who cannot help but poke his rather large, green nose, into other peoples' affairs.
When you think "nosy", you think irritating, right? Not our friend Mr Nosy, he's really quite lovable and its quite obvious that he just can't help himself.
Like all the Mr Men books,the story is just the right length, not too short but not too long to become boring.The only trouble being is that once you buy one book you just have to keep going until you've bought the whole collection.
I'm not giving Mr Nosy 5 stars as its a bit of a shame that he doesn't meet any other Mr Men in the story, only real people, which is quite a mystery to me- however,its a bit of a mystery as to why I'm sitting here writing a Mr Nosy review in the first place.
on 20 December 2010
Mr Nosey is a classic Mr Man book, loved by me as a kid (a few years ago now!) and loved by my kids, nieces and nephews since. All the Mr Men books have a moral; this one is obviously to not poke your nose into other people's business. The moral is delivered in a fun way and the characters are so great, simply drawn, bright and instantly recognisable, with obvious features that represent their name.....you can't help but love them!

For younger children, each story is just short enough to read to them at bedtime and not too long so it holds their interest. For older children, they can either read them to themselves or you can read them a few each bedtime.

My children are 3 and 7 and both love them.

Buy and enjoy, as a story with your children, or a nostalgic trip down memory lane!
on 4 June 2009
Hargreeves' beautifully crafted tale of behavioural modification to fit in with society's expectations and intolerance of unconventional social interaction forces us to hold a mirror up to our own prejudices, and, at the same time, places us in the shoes of an outsider, shoes I'm sure many of us know all too well.

The title character, the stentaurian 'Mr Noisy', is faced with a stark choice: be himself and face being ostracised by society at large, or become more like the masses, and lose his individuality into the bargain.

Hargreeves' writing is sharp, uncluttered, and to the point. His depicition of society and its strict expectations for 'normal' behaviour brings up interesting metaphysical debates; such as just what is "normal", and just how far we should go in order to fit in.

I would rate this book 5/5, and on a par with Mr Tickle, a book about a serial-groper and his struggle with his unwholsome urges, and much better than 'Run, Spot, Run'.

Children may also find this book interesting.
on 13 February 2010
Wonderful book my three year old know it word for word. Trouble is if in the bakery he shouts "I WOULD LIKE A LOAF OF BREAD PLEASE!" Still a classic book you really can't go wrong. We have almost got all of them now a timeless collection that children up to 7 or 8 will enjoy, as do I.
on 25 June 2008
What can I say that hasn't already been said? All the Mr Men and Little Misses books are just so much fun! My 3 years old constantly ask to have them read for her and knows several of them by heart. They are funny, interesting, just the right length for bed time reading. PERFECT!
on 11 April 2001
Classic story from the Mr Men series which follows a day in the life of the insufferably yet lovable chaos and noise of the world that is Mr noisy.
A definite recommendation for those of you who are fed up with todays sentimentality when reading with young children.
on 1 May 2009
My son loves me reading this one to him, especially as I do all the clumping with my feet and make all the noisy noises for him and we then do the quiet bits when Mr. Noisy learns his lesson, great for teaching a 2 year old the difference between loud and quiet.
on 23 May 2015
If you haven't already guessed from the title of the book and my review, Mr. Noisy likes to shout. Not only that he "clumps" everywhere, very noisily too! Having had enough of this obnoxious behavior, Mrs. Crumb comes up with a suggestion that she shares with Mr. Bacon. The next day, when Mr. Noisy comes to purchase his bread and meat, both Mrs. Crumb and Mr. Bacon pretend that they cannot hear him. Mr. Noisy goes home sad and empty handed. The following day, he starts shouting at them again but then halfway through gains some inspiration and talks quietly and politely. Guess what? The shopkeepers serve him! Not only that, as Mr. Noisy starts to clump back up the hill, he suddenly stops and starts tiptoeing. What fun!

A good lesson in manners!
on 1 March 2010
My son (almost 3 years) likes this book very much and every time, when I choose it for reading, he starts to repeat: 'I want to have a piece of meat'! :-) It is enjoyable reading for small kids with the good vocabulary!
on 15 November 2014
Great great great great great great great And more greats
brill BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT AND ALL THIS COUNTS!!!!!!!!