5.0 out of 5 stars My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry, 29 April 2013
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
My six year old daughter loves the Naughty Little Sister books and I think this volume is her favourite, where the Naughty Little Sister teams up with her close friend Bad Harry in some of the stories. Of course, these books do seem a little dated now - I had to explain why in "Granny's wash day" it took the entire day to do the washing for example, but the differences add to the charm of the stories. There is much that children will still understand and relate to; not wanting to eat their crusts, having to be quiet at formal occasions, decorating the church at Christmas are all things they will probably be familiar with. My daughter's favourite story is the one where the two naughty children go to the library and are as good as gold - until it is discovered that they have found a real mouse in a little hole in the wall. These are lovely books which make ideal bedtime or read-alone stories. I used to love them as a child and I think they should be on every child's bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular in my household!, 30 Mar 2013
My children are 2 and 6 and we read one of these every night. I loved these as a child and now they (boy and girl) love them. Timeless magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip down memory lane...and the kids love it too!, 11 Jan 2013
Why do children love hearing stories of other children misbehaving? I'm not sure but I remember loving these stories as a child (especially "Crusts"... A novel way of disposing of those pesky things!) and now my boys of 4 and 7 are enjoying them too. I bought the book wondering whether my boys would take to the old fashioned stories of a naughty little girl but I need not have worried. The charming stories and illustrations of everyday events such as going to the library or wash day are perfect to be read alone by a child 7 plus, and the narrative voice that draws the listener in, and short length of each story make them ideal to read aloud too. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless, 21 Mar 2011
These books are amazing and I still credit them as one of the best memories from my childhood - would recommend them to anybody - having found them on Amazon, I'm buying for my own trip down memory lane (and I might share them with my niece when I'm done reading)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Naughty Little Sister, 25 Jan 2014
As I read these stories as a child I was keen to share them with my little boy.
The stories are beautifully written and short enough to fit a whole story in at bedtime.
My son who is now eight, will frequently ask for his favourite ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Naughty Little sister and bad Harry, 10 Jun 2013
My four year old grandson is entranced with the stories as my own children were. They are timeless. The stories fire the imagination and we spent the next day playing "Islands"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for little girls, 7 Jun 2013
My mum read these books to me when I was a little girl and now I've brought them for my 5 year year old daughter. She loves me reading them to her at bedtime. Hope she will remember me reading them to her like I remember my Mum reading them to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars My naughty little sister & Bad Harry, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry (Paperback)
My daughter had this book as a little girl and she loved it! She has been looking for it to read to her own little girls & I found it on Amazon, she and they are delighted with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars we love the naughty sister, 28 Jun 2010
This review is from: My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry (Paperback)
My daughter absolutely loves hearing about other naughty children I think it makes her feel good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 July 2014
My daughter loved this book.

My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry
My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry by Dorothy Edwards (Paperback - 3 Sep 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01