5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, for all ages
One of Michael Morpurgo's many strengths is that he writes about animals warmly but without sentimentality. He has lived around animals, of course, and established the Farms for City Children charity, so he really does know what he's talking about. He knows how animals behave and he knows how they transform lives.

In this book the central character is...
Published on 22 Jun. 2007 by ILONACAT

2.0 out of 5 stars Too sad for some young readers.
I ordened the book for my 9 year old son because he is an absolute cat lover. We always read together.
I can't give a very good review about the book because after a few pages my little boy was crying too much. He couldn't bear what was happening to the kittens.
He doesn't want to read further. We'll never know if the book was good or bad for young readers may...
Published 3 months ago by C Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, for all ages, 22 Jun. 2007
ILONACAT (WIRRAL, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews

In this book the central character is Montezuma, a fine and fiery ginger kitten who grows up to be a fine and fiery ginger cat, having many adventures along the way (not all of them pleasant !).The title outlines the plot, of course-we know how it's going to end-but that doesn't spoil the reading of the book one bit. Funny, tender, sad, Mr Morpurgo does it all brilliantly.

Ostensibly a children's book, this would be a lovely gift for anyone who vaguely likes animals. And, of course, for the cat-lovers in particular !

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is a great example of how to survive, 22 July 2001
By A Customer
ever wondered how long a cat lives? well this book sure tells you it'll make laugh, cry and make you spill a lot of emotions you never knew you had. through all his nine lives he will go through about 15 adventures some take lives some don't at the end the last chapter is some of the finest michael morpurgo writing i've seen

5.0 out of 5 stars Montezuma!, 15 Feb. 2010
This review is from: The Nine Lives of Montezuma (Paperback)
I purchased this book for our 9 year old son son, as he had been reading some books written by Michael Morpurgo at school. I think any book written by this man is excellent! They are so well written (adults can enjoy them also!) and this book kept my son engrossed from start to finish. I especially like this book as its tells Montezumas story from birth to death-subjects not often covered in children's book. Excellent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My review, 10 Jun. 2013
I think that this was a great book and that anyone from 7 and over can read it if they like animals

5.0 out of 5 stars The Nine Lives of Montezuma, 9 May 2011
This review is from: The Nine Lives of Montezuma (Paperback)
This was the first Michael Morpurgo book I read and I enjoyed it so much that I went on to order and read a further 20 of his books. These books are not just for children. I am in my 50s. Whilst some of his books are quite short they are nonetheless quality reads.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite childhood books, 3 May 2010
A. Simons (Kent, U.K) - See all my reviews
Like the title says... one of my favourite childhood books... I remember I must've been about 7 or 8 when my mum and I read this book... its heartwarming, entertaining, witty and is bound to make you cry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Nov. 2013
5 star definitely get this best book my son read this over and over its so addictive get now right away

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book from Michael Morpurgo, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Nine Lives of Montezuma (Paperback)
My 8 year old daughter loved this. She read it in one day because she just couldn't put it down. It deals with some tough issues and is traumatic in places - Dad drowns the farm cat's kittens etc. Morpurgo doesn't spare the punches and he doesn't patronise the kids or try and sugar-coat anything. Life is presented as it is, with all of its inherent loss and hardship. It's a lovely book and my daughter very much enjoyed it and has asked for more by the same author. It tempted her away from the TV for an entire day. Morpurgo: the world's best antidote to rainbow magic fairies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 18 Mar. 2013
Great book for children interesting and funny keeps childs attention This would probably suit an 8 or 9 year old or child who wants to improve their reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderous!, 20 Jan. 2012
Lincs Reader (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Nine Lives of Montezuma (Paperback)
Michael Morpurgo really can do nothing wrong in my eyes. He is a wondrous author, and even though his books are aimed at children, I have not yet come across anything that he has written that I've not enjoyed

The reader falls in love with Montezuma, the farm cat who lives life on the edge! We all know that cats are supposed to have nine lives and this little book recounts each of Monty's near escapes in detail. Yes, I cried - throughout the story and especially at the end, but I loved every page.

The Nine Lives of Montezuma
The Nine Lives of Montezuma by Michael Morpurgo (Paperback - 26 Sept. 2013)