5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, for all ages
One of Michael Morpurgo's many strengths is that he writes about animals warmly but without sentimentality. He has lived around animals, of course, and established the Farms for City Children charity, so he really does know what he's talking about. He knows how animals behave and he knows how they transform lives.

In this book the central character is...
Published on 22 Jun 2007 by ILONACAT

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
I chose this rating because it is a good book and I would recommend it to people that like his books but also like animals
Published 2 days ago by Alannah Stretch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, for all ages, 22 Jun 2007
ILONACAT (WIRRAL, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews

In this book the central character is Montezuma, a fine and fiery ginger kitten who grows up to be a fine and fiery ginger cat, having many adventures along the way (not all of them pleasant !).The title outlines the plot, of course-we know how it's going to end-but that doesn't spoil the reading of the book one bit. Funny, tender, sad, Mr Morpurgo does it all brilliantly.

Ostensibly a children's book, this would be a lovely gift for anyone who vaguely likes animals. And, of course, for the cat-lovers in particular !

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is a great example of how to survive, 22 July 2001
By A Customer
ever wondered how long a cat lives? well this book sure tells you it'll make laugh, cry and make you spill a lot of emotions you never knew you had. through all his nine lives he will go through about 15 adventures some take lives some don't at the end the last chapter is some of the finest michael morpurgo writing i've seen

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite childhood books, 3 May 2010
A. Simons (Kent, U.K) - See all my reviews
Like the title says... one of my favourite childhood books... I remember I must've been about 7 or 8 when my mum and I read this book... its heartwarming, entertaining, witty and is bound to make you cry!

5.0 out of 5 stars My review, 10 Jun 2013
I think that this was a great book and that anyone from 7 and over can read it if they like animals

5.0 out of 5 stars The Nine Lives of Montezuma, 9 May 2011
This review is from: The Nine Lives of Montezuma (Paperback)
This was the first Michael Morpurgo book I read and I enjoyed it so much that I went on to order and read a further 20 of his books. These books are not just for children. I am in my 50s. Whilst some of his books are quite short they are nonetheless quality reads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Montezuma!, 15 Feb 2010
T. Coyle "The Spirit Keeper" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nine Lives of Montezuma (Paperback)
I purchased this book for our 9 year old son son, as he had been reading some books written by Michael Morpurgo at school. I think any book written by this man is excellent! They are so well written (adults can enjoy them also!) and this book kept my son engrossed from start to finish. I especially like this book as its tells Montezumas story from birth to death-subjects not often covered in children's book. Excellent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Nov 2013
5 star definitely get this best book my son read this over and over its so addictive get now right away

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 13 April 2014
I found it very interesting and the other thing I found was it was very easy to read the best book on this world .

5.0 out of 5 stars Montezuma, 11 April 2014
This was a lovely book. I have two cats, one is a ginger Tom called Marmalade, he likes to sit in the road and under cars. I love your books they are well written. Montezuma snook into the hearts of Matthew and his folks. That`s what cats do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 Mar 2014
At first I thought that this book woud be rubbish but after I started to read it became better and better. I am not very fond of cats but this book made me love them. It is one of my favourite books. It is suitable for all ages and you simply can not put it down, it draws you in so much. Well done Michael Morpurgo!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa9295354)

The Nine Lives of Montezuma
The Nine Lives of Montezuma by Michael Morpurgo (Paperback - 26 Sep 2013)
4.49