5.0 out of 5 stars heavenly
Published on 6 July 2008 by Mehajabeen Farid

3.0 out of 5 stars A good message
I bought this for my Year 4 class so we could read it under the 'Stories with familiar settings topic. It does have a good message but it did come across a bit dated and some of my children were quite concerned about the main character always being sent to a different school.
Published 6 months ago by DCheyside

5.0 out of 5 stars heavenly, 6 July 2008
Penny was plump; Mark was different; Marigold barely ever talked and lived on a smelly street. All three were very different but had one thing similar - they were bullied by Barry. So were a lot of kids but they were the most. That was until Celeste came. Look in a dictionary what does Celeste mean? It should say something like `heavenly' or `celestial'. Well that was one of the clues that the children realised when she first arrived. Another clue was that she was going to be called Angelica until her grandmother swooped down. Her father had dropped hr off but had to fly. And there were many other incidents but the pupils knew she was an angel. She changed the life of those three children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Book, 6 Nov. 2014
In this book there's a normal school day until Barry Hunter comes along.After that suddenly an Angel came along and changed that to a surprised unusual school day with an Angel called "Celeste", and finnaly stops Barry Hunters bad mean days and changes Barry Hunter's heart to a good king trustworthy boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 30 Mar. 2014
Anyone could read, and like this cheeky book, full of wonders and surprises. Take Marigold, for example. She never, ever spoke. Ever. But then, after Celeste brings to Scholl her book of ( bad ) deeds, Marigold speaks as much as Barry Hunter!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Angel, 22 Feb. 2014
I enjoyed this book but would like to have known where Celeste went next, I would recommend this to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book, 28 Sept. 2013
This book was really good it is my favourite Anne Fine Book ever since this is my second book I have read and I think it was awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 14 April 2013
I chose this book for my Year four class. It's going to be great for discussion on a common and tricky issue. There is some great language content to learn from and discuss too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Story, 8 Nov. 2012
This story really interested my daughter and I. A good one to cuddle up on cold winter nights and read. Better than TV with a good theme behind it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good message, 19 Oct. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic book!, 23 Mar. 2009
E. Paish "reviewer" (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
I read this book with my class of 7-8 year olds as part of our topic on stories that raise issues. They absolutely loved it, as it is a wonderfully funny book which stimulates lots of discussion about bullying and how to deal with it.
It is also short enough not to get bogged down and you can actually finish it - I find this a problem when reading a class book!
I have now bought 6 copies as everyone in the class wants to read it again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 8 Mar. 2015
M. T. Foy (Greater Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Angel of Nitshill Road (Paperback)
I was looking for a book that would engage 9 and 10 year olds of average ability from the first sentence and this works. The plot lends itself to thought and discussion, highly recommended.

The Angel of Nitshill Road
The Angel of Nitshill Road by Anne Fine (Paperback - 7 Nov. 2011)