5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Annual

3.0 out of 5 stars Rupert 1959 Annual
Published on 23 Feb 2011 by Keith Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Annual, 25 Mar 2010
Maya (Scotland, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rupert Annual 1959: Limited Edition Reproduction (Hardcover)
My 10 year old daughter recently 'discovered' Rupert after coming across some old copies from my childhood. Once we'd exhausted that supply she was keen to source new stories. The modern day Rupert stories and artwork are very disappointing in comparison to those from the 1950's and 1960's so I was delighted to come across these facsimilie editions. They're almost as good as the originals, certainly the colour and print quality is high and they feel well made. The only difference I noted was in the paper quality, it appears to be a lighter weight and not quite such a smooth finish. However, my daughter was delighted and I'd certainly purchase more.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 4 April 2010
Dix Florian - See all my reviews
I enjoyed the book very much, shame that it is a facsimily
as I don't have an original to compare the quality, nevertheless
a very good buy and quickly sent. Thankyou.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rupert 1959 Annual, 23 Feb 2011
Well presented in a lovely cardboard book holder. the only problem with the book is that you said it was a reprint and I just did not feel that the quality of the paper used was to the standatd of the original Rupert Bear Annuals. I might be wrong but I am waiting for a visit from my daughter who has a few copies of some originals which I purchased for them when they were children. She will be bringing a few copies with her and I will be able to compare. Once I have done the comparisons I will place more orders if there is not much difference

4.0 out of 5 stars Rupert 1959 annual, 6 Jan 2012
Nostalgic annual which comes very nicely presented in a slip cover to keep it in good condition. As has been said, the paper quality is nowhere near that of the original but the stories and illustrations are all original and of course as entertaining as ever.

As a read, 5 stars but the paper issues bring it down to 4. Whilst this is a limited edition and far cheaper than trying to find a good condition original, I don't think it will ever be worth a great deal, so buy if you want to re-live those Christmases past but not as an investment!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1959 Annual, 5 Jan 2012
David Birtwistle "MacBirt" (Toronto, ON. Canada) - See all my reviews
Once again I am delighted with this Rupert Annual. Even at 69 yrs young, my "Children" and grandchildren can still enjoy stories of this remarkable and timeless bear and friends and we can share the same delight as I experienced as a child. Notwithstanding the digital age, reading this annual remains a great experience.

ARRAY(0xa679bdbc)

Rupert Annual 1959: Limited Edition Reproduction
Rupert Annual 1959: Limited Edition Reproduction by Alfred Bestall (Hardcover - 1 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: 10.96