5.0 out of 5 stars As Enchanting as ever!!
Although my 5 year old(now 6) daughter had an abundance of books, I felt an urge to read her my old taped up copy (at least 30yrs old) of The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton.
Primarily nostalgia, because I remembered it so vividly,secondly,I knew it would capture her imagination.
I received this book as a reward for attending'Sunday School'and,as a young girl,read...
Published on 12 Feb 2004 by Julie Morrice

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Bought as gift for great nieces = as nieces remembered reading and enjoying.
Published 1 month ago by Anne

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
Greatly appreciated by my grand childern - and me! I am going to be buying all the Enid Blyton books, I can see that coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars carrying on the family tradition, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
Originally these Enid Blyton books were my thrill, when I had my daughter, we read it together, and this one was bought to read to my granddaughter of 9 years of age each night. We loved it, (also mummy and daddy were listening too and they loved it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars children's gift, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
bought as a pack of three books for nostalgic reasons, sure the child the gift is intended for will appreciate

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 26 Nov 2012
Vivek Marwah "Vivek" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
My daughter really finished this one over 2 weeks. She really was intrigued to the book on what is coming next. I am very impressed by the writer. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Enchanted wood., 7 Oct 2012
This book was bought for my Grandaughter. She thinks its the best book ever. Well worth buying, just to hear her read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond words..., 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
This was the first book I ever bought, about 30 years ago. It was and still remains my all-time favorite book. I've read it (and others in the Faraway series) several times over. Words cannot explain and do justice as to what I feel about this book, so I'll resist a review. All I can say if there is anything that brings about an experience of realism of an enchanted land, magic and fairy-tales, it is this book. RIP, Enid Blyton.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enid Blyton, 6 May 2012
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
This was just one of a few books we as kids read, so thought it would be OK for our Grand Children. It was. They enjoyed the same as we did at that age. Enid Blyton is for all kids of any aged

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 Feb 2012
A. Jones "grumpy" (UK) - See all my reviews
Having read this as a child I was really keen to find a copy to read to my daughter. I was quite concerned to read in some of the reviews that the PC police have changed the names and removed Dame Slap. I therefore bought the Rewards edition as it was old but affordable.

I am delighted to say that although the edition we received had a different cover (a later edition), we have Jo, Fanny and Bessie, and have just arrived at Dame Slaps school. No needless changes here. My six year old is enjoying it so much and can't wait to go to bed so we can read the next chapter. I even caught her reading it on her own - and only a few weeks ago she had said all books were boring. There aren't many pictures which she originally found difficult but she is now listening more intently to the words and allowing her imagination to fill in the gaps.

This is a delightful book in an affordable authentic version, which is bringing back so many happy memories from my own childhood and helping to inspire a love of reading in my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars The classic childrens' chapter book!, 8 Jan 2012
K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this to my 5 year old daughter and we cannot wait to start on the next! This is an abridged version and has been modernised and I was happy about that because I find when reading her Amelia Jane or The Wishing Chair I keep having to explain old fashioned words. I did find the new PC correctness a bit OTT, Dame Slap has been changed to Dame Snap, I do think publishers should give kids some credibility to know that this is a story and that they wouldn't go around thinking it was ok to hit, I mean thousands of us read the original version as children without starting to beat our friends up in the playground! I just love how these stories inspire my daughter's imagination though, i think we will both be very disappointed when we are finsished with the whole series!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Enchanted Wood, by Enid Blyton, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
I read this book as a child myself and the others that followed it ie The Faraway Tree and The Magic Wishing Chair. So I have bought it for my Gt Granddaughter to enjoy. I found it exciting and funny and I hope she will too. I would recommend it to children from 5 upwards. even if they can't read yet I am sure Mummy, Daddy, Granny or Grandad will get great pleasure from reading it to them.

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree)
The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree) by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 3 May 2007)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available