5.0 out of 5 stars As Enchanting as ever!!, 12 Feb 2004
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Paperback)
Although my 5 year old(now 6) daughter had an abundance of books, I felt an urge to read her my old taped up copy (at least 30yrs old) of The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton.
Primarily nostalgia, because I remembered it so vividly,secondly,I knew it would capture her imagination.
I received this book as a reward for attending'Sunday School'and,as a young girl,read it several times.
My daughter was fascinated by the stories of the three children and their adventures into the unknown-and I found myself yearning to read more.
This prompted me to search for more stories(which I knew existed),and I found the trilogy-even my 2 year old daughter knows of 'Moonface & Silky'now,through'The Faraway Tree'& The Folk of The Faraway Tree'
If you never read another book to your child, please don't deprive them of this fantastic journey-sorry J.K, I've yet to read yours, but for me the Queen of the Imagination will always be Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars An enchanting tale for all children and their parents, 19 Nov 2000
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Paperback)
I first read this book in the 1960's when I was about eight years old. The book belonged to my mother when she was a little girl and she had kept it carefully over the years, to give to her children one day. It captured my imagination, conjuring up amazing images to go with the lovely story. I took great care of the book and recently had the opportunity to read it to my own daughter who enjoyed it as much as I did. Some of the expressions that Enid Blyton used when she wrote the story sound a little dated now, but the essential charm of the tale and of the characters remain just as vivid today as they did when she put pen to paper in May 1939. I wholeheartedly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book!!!, 22 July 2007
Sylvia (Wales, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Paperback)
Just the title breathed excitement through me as a child. An English Teacher read it to us in junior school. I never thought about buying a copy until I had children.
Now I read it to my 3 year old girl and 7 year old boy each night and they both can't wait for the next chapter.
Apart from the excellent stories the chapters are just long enough to keep the children awake and just short enough for parents not to lose their voices!
You can also pick out any chapter at random and it will start with the children climbing the tree and end with them tucked up safely in bed.
They are great for reading to children of mixed ages.
This book is so inspiring and reminds me that playing outside with children, making up your own adventures is the best fun ever!!!!
The Wishing Chair books are also made the same way. Although my son hasn't tired of them yet I have just bought him a book from Blyton's Secret series for him to read to himself - although I will still be reading this book to them out loud - I love making up different voices for each of the characters!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the nicest of the imaginative Enid Blyton books, 25 Jun 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
I am a 22 year old from Pakistan and Enid Blyton stories have founded the basis of most of the values that i have in life. This particular book is aimed at relatively young kids but like all Enid Blyton stories can be enjoyed by anybody at any age. Its all about different magical lands, selflessness, friendship and courage, as all books by this GREAT author are.If only kids in our age could read and absorb all that this woman says, I am sure the world could be made a better place that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for young children, 25 Mar 2002
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Paperback)
This is an underated book, just because Enyd Blyton is considered out of fashion. It is true that the setting is old fashioned, but for a young child that just adds to the magic. It is excellent for very young readers, and captures their imaginations so well. It is exactly what children need more of in times dominated by tv and computers

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the best book series ever, 17 Nov 2006
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Paperback)
Harry Potter is fabulous, but before JK Rowling there was Enid Blyton. I am 34 and still have copies of the Enchanted wood and Up the Faraway tree with me...my mother was having a spring clean a couple of years ago and I saved these books from being dumped because they have been intergral to my love of reading. Please do your children a favour and turn off the Playstation and Nintendo and spend time reading them Enid Blyton classics. It will be well worth your time. I thank her for her books as I think her writing has kept me a child at heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!! Magical,exciting and enchanting, 18 Mar 2004
Summer (birmingham united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Paperback)
This is an excellent book i would recomend it 2 everyone even my mum enjoyed it.It is about joe,beth and frannie who move into a new home in the country right next 2 an enchanted wood.They find the faraway tree which is a massive tree which is higher than the clouds.They make some special new friends who live up the tree and when they climb to the top they find themselves in different magical lands.They get into misceif,have fun and have adventures.It is really exciting and magical.You feel as if you are in the book tasting the delicious sounding cakes they eat with there new friends and you have as much fun and enjoyment readind it as they do in the magical lands.They visit the land of take what you want,roundabout land,The land of ice and snow,The land of birthdays,the land of toys,rocking land and many more exciting,magical,enchanting lands.
I would be here all day explaining how good it is so i will give you 1 word 2 sum this book up-
EXCELLENT!!!!
buy it now u will love it and have loads of fun reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book!, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Magic Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
I am 6 years old.My name is Rebecka.If you might of guessed,I have read The Enchanted Wood.I have not just read The Enchanted Wood,but all three books.There are The Enchanted Wood, The MAGIC Faraway Tree,The Folk of The Faraway Tree.I like all of them.I am on The Folk of The Faraway Tree.I like Moon Face, and Silky.I like the adventures that are at the top of the tree.This book made me feel excited.It made me want to read more and more.When you all have read this book,I hope you like It.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted as Enchanted can be!, 13 Jan 2008
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (The Magic Faraway Tree) (Paperback)
See what happens when three children, Jo, and his two sisters, Bessie and Fannie, discover their very own Enchanted Wood, and meet new friends Silky the Fairy, Moon-Face and the Saucepan Man who all live in the magical Faraway Tree. Their real adventures begin when they all climb up and discover the most thrilling and peculiar! Lands that exist beyond the clouds at the top of the tree which some are good and some rather confusing and some plain dreadful. I like most of the Lands and characters like the angry pixie, Mr Watizname and Dame Washalot.
The characters are funny and some of the lands are very exciting like the land of snow and ice where there are evil snowman and even Santa Claus.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Enchanted Wood, 8 Oct 2003
Becky (Warwick, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Paperback)
I read the Faraway Tree stories to my daughter for selfish reasons (I adored the stories when I was small and couldn't wait to read it to my own child!) but she absolutely loves the stories too. Although (at the age of 5) she usually prefers story books with lots of pictures, Enid Blyton's writing is so vivid and descriptive, she doesn't miss them and listens with rapt attention to every word. However, I must admit that I edit out most of the smacking and slapping. She's also enjoying other Enid Blyton stories such as the tales of Betsy May, and I can't wait to introduce her to the Famous Five and Secret Seven and all the school stories when she's a bit older.

ARRAY(0xa977efa8)

The Enchanted Wood (The Magic Faraway Tree)
The Enchanted Wood (The Magic Faraway Tree) by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 3 May 2007)
3.85