5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 29 May 2013
A fabulous set of stories that I'm sure everyone the world over must adore! It's wonderful reading these stories, set in our local forest, to to my little girl :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars House at Pooh Corner paperback - and not a Disney gopher in sight!, 13 May 2013
Lisa (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
I love Winnie-the-Pooh, and have the great big, hard-back, Complete Collection, but I wanted a portable version. These are really lovely, containing as they do all the colour versions of the E H Shepard drawings; and the quality of the book is excellent - the covers are sturdy yet bendable, and the pages are nice and thick. And, considering all the wisdom contained within from the Bear of Very Little Brain (who is a genius, nonetheless!), very cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classic, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my grandchild's 4th birthday. It came in time and in pristine condition and at an excellent price for a hardback book. This edition has beautiful illustrations, familiar to anyone born within the past sixty years plus. It is, of course, a classic much read and much-loved. My granddaughter has enjoyed the book being read to her a chapter at a time and I'm sure it will be re-read many times - a sign of an excellent story book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful edition, 7 Mar 2013
J. Watson - See all my reviews
This review is from: The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh) (Hardcover)
A good-looking book to go with 'Winnie the Pooh' and Benedictus's 'Return to the Hundred Acre Wood.' Coloured versions of E. H. Shepard's originals are very nicely done too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad to finally read this, 27 Feb 2013
I never read the Pooh books as a child, and thought it was about time. I really enjoyed it, and was nicely suprised with how long this was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Jan 2013
Dr. Gilian E. T. Dunn "Gill" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have always loved Winnie the Pooh and this book was just amazing! A really good read, and I recommend it to everybody, young and old, for it is so brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic story, nicely reprinted, 28 Nov 2012
Dr. Nicholas P. G. Davies (Halifax, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh) (Hardcover)
Who doesn't enjoy these stories? This is a classic book, and this edition is strong and well printed. The illustrations and text go beautifully together

I'm reading these stories now with an adult eye, and realising just how well written they are. They are children's stories but have that characterisitc of the best children's stories- namely that adults will enjoy them at a different level. The observations about the characters in this book are superb. I am loving reading them to my daughter Charlotte.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh) (Hardcover)
Full of beautiful lines and lovely set pieces, this is the best WtP collection. My kids are now teenagers and enjoying reading it each other as much as we enjoyed reading it to them when they were little. Beautifully written with a mixture of poignant and witty moments. Don't even hesitate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Sep 2012
This review is from: The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh) (Hardcover)
If you have young children, as I do, then I would highly recommend this book. AA Milne has a unique ability to create an atmosphere of gentle humour and curiosity at life and its possibilities. I would also recommend looking at 'when we were very young' his book of poems for children, it is really excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic for all ages!, 13 Aug 2012
K. J. Greenland "kevinthegerbil" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
The House at Pooh Corner is certainly a children's classic and also a classic in the sense that it transcends age.

I'm 41 and have just finished this joy of a book!

Lovable, brainless Pooh. Cute, timid Piglet. Philosophical, depressed Eeyore. Bossy, organised Rabbit. Talkative, intelligent Owl. Motherly, caring Kanga. Carefree, fun Roo. Confident and overly-ambitious Tigger. All under the wing of Christopher Robin with the classic illustrations by E.H. Shepard.

To be informative, the ten chapters tell the tale of how a house is built for Eeyore, the arrival of Tigger, the search for Small, when Tigger and Roo climb a tree, the mystery of what Christopher Robin does in the mornings, the invention of Pooh sticks, the unbouncing of Tigger, the destruction of Owl's house and the search for a new one, and finally when Christopher Robin and Pooh leave.

Just delightful and incredibly witty at times!

The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh)
The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh) by A.A. Milne (Hardcover - 5 Oct 2009)