4.0 out of 5 stars My Friend Walter: A Review
Overall I think My Friend Walter is a great novel! There are so many surprises along the way from the very beginning to the very end of this exiting adventure! I'd recommend it to anyone, young and old alike. Not only is the book full of fun, laughter and mischief, but Morpurgo also teachs you the importance of friendship along the way.
Too cut a long story short,...
Published on 3 Sept. 2004 by kirsten russell

2.0 out of 5 stars o.k but not brilliant
I had to read this at school. It is o.k and can be good in places, but the main character, Bess, is very weak and hard to work out. I think the author could have made this really good because the plot is good, but I found it quite disappointing
Published on 23 Dec. 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars My Friend Walter: A Review, 3 Sept. 2004
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Paperback)
Too cut a long story short, here is a brief idea of the storyline! A girl called Bess goes to a party, where she meets an old man. This old man isn't just any old man, but a ghost! The ghost if Sir Walter Raleigh. Walter gets Bess to free him him from the Bloody Tower and convices her to take him hometo the farm she lives on. On the farm Bess and Walter get up to all sorts of mischief and all is well. Until disaster strikes! Bess and her family have to sell up and leave the farm. But Walter has a trick up his sleeve! To discover it I'll leavde it up to you to read Morpurgo's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of My Friend Walter, 30 Dec. 2007
A. Watson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Paperback)
I thought that my friend Walter is a fantastic book for 10 to 14 yr olds because it has a great story and lots of surprising twists and turns. It is the kind of book that makes you gasp and hold your breath. At the end of the book I couldn't stop smiling.

Once again Micheal Morpurgo has definitely impressed me!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Friend Walter, 22 Jan. 2006
Mizz Glam "Girl" (West Sussex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Paperback)
It's a good book. im only 9 and i read lots and lots of books, and this book is maybe one of my top five books.
Lucy (Or Mousey is my nickname in school)

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Morpurgo books, 14 May 2011
J. Culpin "jooles" (Suffolk England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Paperback)
My son loves all of his books and this author has encouraged him to read. Many of the stories are fact based so my son is also learning and remembering much about history of the wars and other historical events. Great stories and a real boost for children to enjoy reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - I'd recommend it to anyone, 11 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
The children at the school where I work have just finished reading 'My Friend Walter' as a class, and I was as hooked on it as they were.
The characters are all brought to life beautifully, with interesting and witty observations of how life would have been for Sir Walter Raleigh. The children probably learnt far more about Raleigh from reading this story than they would have done from a textbook of facts, and they extended their knowledge into classroom activities and writing techniques.
I missed the last chapter due to illness, and I was so keen not to miss out, that I had to borrow a copy from school to finish it at home!

5.0 out of 5 stars My friend Walter, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Kindle Edition)
I loved it so much I wish that my class mates would enjoy it this much.

Freya Foggon

27.6.14 GREAT

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't get enough of it!, 31 May 2014
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Kindle Edition)
It was a whooping adventure and i didn't want the story to end. I found it most interesting and i wish there was a sequel to it ; i would love to hear more from: Bess, Will and Walter.

I highly recommend it for all ages!

In fact I wish i had a ghost friend exactly like Walter!
Thank you, Michael Morpergo.
Danielle Jen Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Michael Morpurgo., 23 April 2015
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book. At the end of a chapter I wanted to read on. There is great suspense and a great plot. I've read many Michael Morpurgo books and I have enjoyed them all thoroughly. It's a brilliant book written by a brilliant author.
By Lucy Kiely aged 11.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Excellenyt Michael Morpurgo, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Kindle Edition)
This book is an excellent read from front page to the closing page - I whole heartedly recommend it. Michael Morpurgo has single handedly changed my Grandson from a reluctant reader to an avid reader. Thank you Mr Morpurgo you are a genius

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 30 Sept. 2013
C. Hearne "Heathfield Osteopaths" (East Sussex U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Friend Walter (Kindle Edition)
My son enjoyed this book because of the mystery, the way the author laid out the story and because the characters suited their roles very well. It was historically informative but still moved at a good pace. Definitely worth a read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My Friend Walter
My Friend Walter by Michael Morpurgo (Paperback - 2 July 2012)