5.0 out of 5 stars Great
It was lovely, quite moving at the end, really special book I am glad that I bought it,

By Sk
Published 21 months ago by Sonja

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok ish bok
terrible in parts not ok in others.I would not recommend this book to anyone.I would recommend kensuks kingdom by Michael morality. it is a true stories about Michael morality.he he ha ha haroar
Published 5 months ago by Neasa Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Mar 2013

By Sk

4.0 out of 5 stars Finding World War II love, 20 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Escape from Shangri-La (Paperback)
Written by Bethany - age 10.
I really enjoyed this book about a young girl Cessie and her grandfather who was bored in a nursing home filled with fussy people. Cessie helps him escape from the nursing home and try and find the lady he loved in France when he fought there in World War II. I think anyone should read this book - you find out lots about World War II and it's a really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely little story, 11 Nov 2014
It's about love and forgiveness. There can be some missed pieces of your life you are finally free to look off when you are already ancient. Do you just want to sit and sigh or do you want to give a last strike when you can still move? Popsicle gave us a good answer. It's never too old to do the thing you are longing to and as long as you are alive, you should do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape from Shangri-la, 13 April 2014
Brilliant! Quite emotional at times- quite easy to read but this did not deter from character and plot. Another one I've not forgotten, and its been two years since in last read it before today.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 24 Dec 2013
A very good book I love a good book from Michael Murpugo and this one is one of my faves.
I choose four stars because it is a very adventurous book but it is just missing that little bit for me.
Although I purchased this book for my holiday it took me a bit of time to get into it but then it really got going and I really started to enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Theo aged 7, 12 Nov 2013
This book was amazing that some old people managed to get to France and back. There is a woman in there called dragonwoman, two men called Tweedledum and tweedledee and some other really good characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! :), 8 Oct 2013
By Jane 10years old

This book by one of the best authors was excellent and enjoyable!!!! It built up loads of suspense and once you get into it you can't stop reading! I definitely recommend it to all ages and I don't regret buying it! !

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 25 Aug 2013
Great book, got me stuck in from the begining. Basicly about a girl meeting her grandfather and how the father reacts about it all. Worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape from Shangri-La, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Escape from Shangri-La (Paperback)
Once again a marvellous read from Michael Morpurgo. Looking for a new book to read to my class I saw this and wasn't disappointed. I couldn't put it down and am looking forward to reading it to my class next half term. The subject matter was dealt with sensitively and there is a good mixture of humour and pathos.

4.0 out of 5 stars A story of a little girl and her fight to save her grandpa, 19 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Escape from Shangri-la (Hardcover)
This book is another of Morpurgos heart breakers. It tells of a girl who's grandfather turns up on the doorstep one day. Gradually the old man becomes very hard to live with, her parents want to put the old man in an old peoples home called Shangri-La but suddenly the old man remembers a tin of milk and an awful night in World War 2.

Escape from Shangri-La
Escape from Shangri-La by Michael Morpurgo (Paperback - 4 Sep 2006)