5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book as a child
I read this book countless times as a child and it remains one of the greatest books I have ever read. It is epic in it's scope, cleverly written, and cleverly structured. Buy this book today, you will not be disappointed!
Published on 23 April 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Book for my gandsaon
It was a second hand book which gave it an report of being in good condition. I thought it was really tatty and had scribbing in the front of the book.. Makes me dubious about purchasing second hand books again
Published 7 months ago by Andrea Mary Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book as a child, 23 April 2001
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars A delightful story for children and adults alike., 4 May 2002
By A Customer
A heartwarming story of a young boy who, with his Tibetan uncle escape the imminent attack from the Japanese in 1941 China. Morpurgo describes their arduous journey across the Himalayas, with simple clarity that invites you to form the cold and breathtaking world clearly in your imagination. Their journey is not only one of distance, but wisdom, strength and love.
When separated from his loving uncle, the boys’ extraordinary salvation from despair comes in the form of mythical, mysterious red-haired giants, better known to us as the Yeti. They save the boy from despair and starvation, spiriting him away, up high into the snow capped peaks of the “cloud forest”.
A mysterious predecessor leads the boy to find his postion within the yeti clan already established. With the absence of language to communicate, simple emotion and gesture are used depict the relationship the boy shares with his new found family. Unlike a fairytale, the story is written truthfully (as one can be when writing about yeti’s!) and honestly. The simplicity of their interaction is touching and explores the basic emotional elements that all creatures share.
This book is a real gem, I have read this as a child an adult and on each occasion I was touched by this magical and inspiring story.

5.0 out of 5 stars He will rule among the clouds..., 9 May 2008
I read this novel when it was first published in 1987, as part of my job as a children's bookseller. I loved it then and sold many copies because of that. I've recently re-read it - it is as beautiful and haunting as I remember.

It's not a story that can be easily described to others; we are inclined to find the idea of yetis amusing. The depiction of yetis in this novel is enormously sympathetic; as the author himself says "The people who live high in the Himalayas believe in them - and think of them as holy creatures to be respected and left alone."

Don't be put off by a storyline that you may feel is unlikely. Suspend your disbelief and discover a story that is exciting, convincing and unexpectedly moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommended text for those who are children at heart, 12 Dec 2010
Mr T Niwa (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King of the Cloud Forests (Paperback)
This story is based on a boy named Ashley who is the son of missionaries in China. During the outbreak of Japanese conflict and occupation in China, Ashley is forced by his father to flee the mission with his 'Uncle Sang', a friend of the family who knows the route to safety in India well. The journey is a treacherous one which suddenly culminates into the pair being split up. Alone on the mountains and in desperation for food, Ashley meets a clan of yetis who not only befriend him but treat him as the 'King of the Cloud Forests'. Many events take place which forces Ashley to question his place amongst the yetis and his desperate need to be with 'his own' come to the fore to make this great children's novel. A heart-warming story about a young boy's search for his identity amongst a wealth of competing forces for his allegiance. A recommended book for all to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Adventure, 12 April 2014
A very good story and I could not put it down and what a wonderful creative writer Micheal Morpurgo is. I am a writer of Poetry myself and I write stories but as yet have not published any of them. I self published my Poetry book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read by age 9 girl, 19 Feb 2014
I LOVE the yetis and how he survived with them.I think the way you've written the language is beautiful! Where do you get these ideas? Do they float into your head? Or do you see something? GREAT

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever red, 19 Oct 2013
C. Hearne "Heathfield Osteopaths" (East Sussex U.K.) - See all my reviews
If you like adventure this is the book for you it is so interesting I love the way it's scary and friendly with the yet I and its just a good book so give is ago. I'm 10and I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars King of the cloud forests, 10 Jan 2013
I think this book is my favourite book I've ever read and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes animal and adventure books

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: King of the Cloud Forests (Paperback)
This is a book read to me when I was at school, and I could never remember the ending. I bought it and read it and have since lent it to my higher ability readers in my year 5 class (age 9-10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 12 Feb 2012
MRS T GENTLE & Louisa (RIPLEY, DERBYSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King of the Cloud Forests (Paperback)
This was a present for my 16 year old daughter. She is a great fam of the author and has found this to be a very interesting read.

ARRAY(0xa9896fa4)

King of the Cloud Forests
King of the Cloud Forests by Michael Morpurgo (Paperback - 4 Sep 2006)
4.49