Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 December 2014
I bought this with my grandchildren in mind, having read it to my 9 and 11 year old grandchildren I have decided to keep it a few years more, they understood the general concept but there was a lot to explain along the way. Lovely idea though and apart from crying my eyes out, it was delightful.
on 26 June 2014
I bought this for my 8yr old Grandson. I read it first and loved it - had a lump in my throat at the end. Grandson loved it too but its kept in my house so it doesn't get lost as I could read it over again. Think my grandaughters would love it as well when they are a bit older
on 20 October 2014
This book is ridiculously lovely, and arrived straight away, even with free postage. Using it for a year 1 and 2 class, and it seems pretty perfect. An insight into the war, alongside the christmas truce =]
A small book in size for those maybe not expecting it!
on 31 January 2014
Have to say the person this was brought for was really pleased. It's set out really nice and the illustrations keep the book interesting for the child to be captivated.
Good to read to smaller children. Also for independent readers.
Value for money.
on 27 September 2014
Excellent book in every way! Beautifully written with equally beautiful illustrations. Everyone should have a copy of this book in their Christmas book collection. You will never tire of reading it.
on 29 December 2012
Michael Morpurgo is a great storyteller and this was very relevant to the season. Have ready many of his books but this you will want to keep handy and read again, and it is like a little treasure!
on 28 December 2013
This book was utterly enchanting. The children in my class (y3&4) thoroughly enjoyed both the narrative and the beauti illustrations. Another great book from one of my favourite children's author.
on 13 January 2016
Arrived on time. Lovely book, beautifully written and illustrated, as you would expect from Michael Morpurgo. Bought for grandchildren, but haven't received feedback from parents yet!
on 15 December 2014
I purchased this for my niece, aged 8, she loved it. She took it to school because they were doing a project on WW1. The teacher borrowed it and he too was really impressed with it.
on 23 December 2012
I always read a Christmas story to the Grandchildren at Christmastime and this one captivated them. I thought it was well written and has some good appropriate illustrations.