4.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 17 May 2013
Grandpa's Indian Summer is about a family of four going to India for the summer. There are 77 pages.(Georgina)

There are four children called Sanjay, Neetu, Radha and Rahul. (Tamsin)

Neetu, Sanjay, Mum and Dad meet their Indian family (Tallulah)and Grandpa Chatterji and Grandma Chatterji. (Elodie)

Sanjay is a very funny boy. (Valentina) He is cheeky, mischievous, funny and naughty. (Lucy)Neetu is a girl. I really like her because she is funny. (Lilly)

Rahul and Radha are Sanjay and Neetu's cousins.(Rose) Rahul loves cricket. (Tallulah) and plays it every day (Oscar).

I like Radha because she isnt bossy or mean. (Jess)

There is also Hello the parrot, who copies everyone (Annie).

It is very good because they go and play fun games (Phillip)

I liked the chapter where Grandpa Chatterji told a story - the book was excellent to read(Elodie)

I liked the part where Neetu and Sanjay and Great Grandma went bathing in river. (Angel) I have learnt about the river Ganges and that they bathe in rivers (Amelia) I like the part where the turtles appear (Isabelle)

I liked the bit where Grandpa ate Grandma's cakes. (Tamsin)

It is exciting to read (Regan) I have learned lots about India with books 1 and 2 (Emma)

It is suitable for ages 7 and up (Harrison)

I have enjoyed reading Leopard'' reviews - well done Leopards.
(Miss Butler)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for our topic!, 19 Oct 2011
This Book is about a family in England that go to visit there Grandpa in India. They play lots of cricket and have lots of fun. Sanjay and Neetu are cousins with Grandpa's grandchildren Rahul and Rhada.
This book is probably suitable for children that are four and over. It has a lot of words and seventy seven pages.

I would recommend this book because it is very funny and interesting. It is funny because the parrot is called "Hello". It is interesting because it teaches you about India. You would like this if you like cricket and you are learning about India at school.

Molly Davies

The book is about Grandpa Chatterji. He invites his family to India so he can see them. Grandpa Chatterji shows them all around India.

This book is suitable for children age 7 or older who want to learn about India.

I would recommend this book because it is funny and interesting.

Bella Smith

The book is about Grandpa Chatterji in India he has invited his blood relatives from England. Sanjay and his mum are very excited about going to India and they play proper cricket.

The book would be suitable for age 5 or older because it has funny parts in the story. It is good for girls and boys to read

I would recommend the book because it is very intresting. I also like it because it has cricket in it and it is my favourite sport out of all of them. My favourite part was when all of the ants come and try to get all of the crumbs off the floor. Cricket is Indians favourite sport and I was pleased it is. The bird is called Hello it always repeat what eny says.

Will Morris

This book is about a boy called Rahul and his family. Every year they would go to India to see there Grandpa Chatterji and Grandma Chatterji.
I think the book will be suitable for seven and overs to read by themselves because it has 78 pages. I think that whoever reads this book will want to keep on reading it.
I would recommend this book because it is funny and interesting. One of my funniest bits is when Hello repeats everything.
My favourite bit is when Sanjay eats all the cakes.

Max Everett

This book is all about Grandpa Chatterji and his Grandchild called Rahul they both live in a city named Calcutta. They're blood relatives come to India from England. Sanjay buys a wonderful cricket uniform with a bat, stumps and ball for Rahul. They all enjoy playing cricket until someone ruins it.

I think this book would be suitable for people aged 5 - 6 for their mum or dad to read, but 7 upwards would be okay on their own. I think 7 years old would enjoy because some parts are really funny like the parrot called Hello.

I would recommend the book if you are learning about India. It is very descriptive with great words. The parrot is very funny it is my favourite part. When you finish a chapter you never want to stop reading on. I would give it a rating of 5 / 5. Read the book!!!

Natasha Stratford

This book is sporty, it has cricket in it. It is also about a bird called hello.it also about India. Grandpa Chatterji is inviting his blood relatives from England. Grandpa chatter lives in Calcutta.

This book would be suitable for age 5 to age 6 for a parent to read. It would be suitable for boys and girls and over7s reading by their selves and over.it has about 78 pages.

I would recommend this book it is funny when hello copies and it is very descriptive and very intresting.it makes you want to read on after every single chapter. I liked it when they play hide and seek and Sanjay eats the cakes and he hides behind the curtain but I won't tell you anymore because you will find out the problem if you buy this brilliant book!!!!!

Izzy Thurlow

This book is about Grandpa Chatterji and when his blood relatives, Nettu and Sanjay come to stay in Calcutta, India with there mum and dad. They get up to all sort's of thing's together.
The age would be 7 and up and the intrest would be India or cricket. I think that this is a sort of comedy too with a bit of information and would be good for people who like that kind and also who like funny repeating parrots called Hello because there is one.
I would recommend this book because it is funny and I would give it 10 out of 10. There are animals like black ants, parrots and turtles. It is a fiction book and is written by Jamila Gavin. It is a really good book for all types of readers.

Patrick Wright

This book is about two kids Sanjay and Neetu who go on holiday in a plane to India to see their blood relatives, Rahul, Grandpa and Grandma Chatterji. Before you now it............. Well just get the book to find out
I think this book would be subtle for 4-6 years and people who like fiction, cricket and India it also has 78 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a very long book for around 8, 9 or 7years old
I would not recommend this book because it is mostly about India and cricket not anything else really I don`t find anything funny except the weird bird called Hello which normally repeats what everyone says. You`ll know what I mean if you read this book.

Alex N

This book is about Grandpa Chatterji's grandchildren are going to visit him in India and Grandpa Chattetji has son called Rahul. Back in England Sanjay is looking for a football strip but in India they don't play football they play cricket.so I am not going tell you any more or I'll spoil it.
I would say that the book would be for like four years old to fifteen years old but the book is for boys and girls.
I would recommend it because it is aged for four years old to fifteen years old. After one chapter you've read in the book it's like you can't stop reading the book. Believe me or not it is extremely interesting! But my favourite bit is when I found out they have a pet bird called Hello. I would rate this book as five stars *****

Alex Finnegan

This brilliant book is about some blood-relatives which are cousins. Some cousins live in England. The cousins are to Calcutta in India. In the end ...well you will find out if you get it.
I would think that the age is around six or over. If you liked cricket or were Indian this book would be suitable for you.
I would recommend this book because it leaves you in suspense every sentence. I would recommend it as well because it is very strange. Some of it is funny even the birds name is. I like it all lots.

Kate Roberts

This book is about Grandpa's Indian summer. Grandpa has is blood- relatives to stay round like a holiday. Rahul and Sanjay play a big cricket game with a new kit. In the end........well your find out if you read the book.
This book would probably be suitable for children that are five years or older. If you are learning about India like we are this book would be suitable.
I would recommend this book because at the end of chapter they leave you on a cliff hanger. When they leave you on a cliff hanger you just want to carry on. It is a good book because you learn more about India. The funniest bit was when Sanjay ate all the cakes that Grandma made.

Emiley Adkins

This book is about Grandpa Chatterji invites his blood relatives over from England. India loves cricket and Sanjay likes football even better. But once he played a game he loves cricket.
I think this book would be suitable for four years old and up to Mr.Woottons age.
I recommend this book because my favourite bit is when Sanjay eats all the cakes it reminds me when I eat all the cakes, so I can relate with the story. Do you think you can relate with the story? If you read it you might relate.

Jos Moore

The book is about a Grandpa called Grandpa Chatterji who has invited his blood relatives from England. Rhaul is really excited and can't wait for his cousins to come. There are a lot of funny parts and nearer the end...well I will not tell you.
I think this book would be suitable for children aged five and over this would also be good for girls and boys this book has 78 pages.
This book is recommended because it will help you learn about India. People that like cricket will love this book and if you decide to buy it you were right! Take care of it because it is a fantastic book and if you spoil it you will feel bad. So if you want to know more get the book! My favourite part is when Hello copy's what everybody says. This is a great book so I would rate it 5/5 get this book and be happy.

Emma Roberts

The book's about when Grandpa Chatterji invites his blood relatives too stay in Calcutta .but when you read a chapter it makes you want to read MORE!!!!!!!It's also about cricket.

well I would recommend it for 4 and over and its good for girls and boys and what makes it funny is when Hello said" I will potty potty on your head"

I would recommend it because its sporty its great fun also the author Jamila Gavin must be very proud . She is a great author and when you finished the book you feel lick your on the street in Calcutta playing cricket. I would say my favourite part of the story is the bit were Hello said I will pott potty on your head.

Alice Cappell

This book is about two families that live in two different countries and want to see each other and they are cousins. Grandpa Chatterji is mad with cricket and is like a child playing it.

I would think that it would be eight to ten years because it's too hard for little children to read.
I like the book because the ants come crawling out of the kitchen with crumbs from the cakes. READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!

Joshua Mason

Grandpa Chatterji let his family come from England to India. Grandpa hit the cricket ball into Dr Bose garden but they did not know it went into Dr Bose garden. The characters in the book are Sanjay, Neetu, Rahul, Rada, Dr Bose and of course Grandpa Chatterji.
It would be suitable for boys and girls aged 5 to 9 year's old.
I would recommend the book because Hello is a funny name for a bird if you will also find out about India. Get it now!

Kai W

It is about India and it is about sports and you will love it. Grandpa invites his relative over.

I think this is suitable for children who four over and for people who are leaning the culture of India.

After you read a chapter you feel like you're in India especially in the cricket chapter.

Tom P.

The book is about a guy called Grandpa Chatterji who invites his Grandchildren over to India .Sanjay fins out theirs no football to kick. Rahul licks cricket and Sanjay licks football .A bird called copies everything they say.

This book is suitable three and overs and for pupil who are learning about India.
I would recommend this book because it is funny. Jamila Garvin had used turns of adjectives.

Henry P

The book is about Grandpa Chatterji meeting his blood relatives from England. The book is based in Calcutta. Rahul and his friends like playing with his new cricketing kit that Sanjay brought him. When Grandpa batted the ball ...well, it was history. It landed in Dr Bose's garden!

I would recommend this book for children the age of 6 or over. You might like the book if you like cricket, cake, or parrots. It's a good book if you want to learn about India.

I think this book is funny and interesting. Every word you hear makes you want to read on and it gets you on the edge of your seat. SO BUY THE BOOK!!!!!

Ellie F

The book is about Grandpa Chatterji who lives in Calcutta. People should read it if they are seven or over. I will recommend this book because it is fun.

Ewan

The book is about Grandpa Chatterji and Neetu, Rahul, Sanjay and Rhada and two of those names are from India and some of those names are from England. The English people are going to India. There is also a bird in it called Hello and there is sporty things this book is fantastic.

This book will be suitable for five to nine.

I will recommend this book because it is very funny and you could read this book if you like sports. Every you were read you want to flip the page and read more .It is very funny when Sanjay eats all of the cakes. You should read this book.

Lily P

The book is about Grandpa Chattrejy and his grandchildren. Grandpa lives in India and his relatives live in England. Neetu is very excited because she has never been to India. Grandpa loves cricket and he wanted to play he loved to bat. Grandpa got too excited and hit the ball too hard it landed in Dr Bose's garden. Rahul ran to get the ball. Dr Bose made a promise. I will not tell you what it is you'll have to read the book!

I think this book would be suitable for 2 to 5 year olds if a grownup was reading it to them. But if you were 7 or older you could read this book by yourself. If you like cricket and you are learning about India you would like this book a lot. I would give this book 5 stars.

I would recommend it to a friend because it is funny and uses good description. It is a good story and I learned a lot about India.

Lily B

Grandpa Chatterji invites his blood relatives over to India. They do bathing in the river and cricket. Grandpa and his blood relatives play cricket and swun the ball so high they go to Dr Bose's house and find a new friend.

This book is for boys and girls ages 4 and over.

I would recommend this book because it is part of an Indian culture. I also study countries like India and China. It has about 78 pages and
What happens at the end ... well you will find out if you by this fantastic book.

Thomas M

The author is Jamila Gavin
I thought the book was quite funny especially when Hello the parrot copied everything people said. It really was a great book GET IT NOW!!!!!!!
I would recommend this book to someone who is sporty and who likes India or who is learning about India.

Bengy

The author is Jamila Gavin. The book is about blood relative is coming to see there Grandpa Chatterji in Calcutta. The book is funny especially when the Grandpa plays cricket and when you finish a page you can not stop reading it.

This book would be satiable for fives and over
and up to about nine years about 78 pages. It would be good for people who like
Sport and for people who like India.

I wood recommend it because it is funny and interesting it is good for girls and boys. It is all so good for people who like cricket or for people who are finding out about India.

Callum

This book would be satiable for fives and over
and up to about nine years about 78 pages. It would be good for people who like
Sport and for people who like India.

Jenna

The book is about Grandpa Chatterji and his relatives from England. Grandpa Chatterji relatives are called Neetu and Sanjay. Grandpa Chatterji lives in Calcutta with his Grandson Sanjay and his sister bought a cricket set for Rahul. You'll find out what happens if you buy this fantastic book!!
This book is suitable for 7 and 8 year olds or over. I found the book very very interesting.
I would recommend this book because it is funny and it is about cricket and Indian culture. My favourite part is when Sanjay had the cakes in his hands.

Rosie

This book is about Grandpa Chatterji and Rahul inviting their blood relative to stay for a holiday in India. Sanjay and Mum were about to buy a football kit then Sanjay wanted to buy a cricket outfit so they did. Grandpa, Rahul, Sanjay and Rahul's friends like to play but one time someone hit the ball... well I won't tell you anymore about the book because you should read it.
I think that this book will be suitable for 7 years and older. I think you would enjoy the book because of Hello the parrot. This book has 78 pages.
I would recommend the book if you are learning about India and if you enjoy playing cricket. I would also recommend the book because it is very descriptive and funny but also very interesting. My favourite part is when Sanjay eats all the cakes that Grandma made. I would give it a 5/5 rating.

Natasha G

Grandpa Chatterji is really good at cricket. Grandpa Chatterji haves four grandchildren Neetu, Sanjay and Rhoda . It is really funny because it is a parrot called hello. He has one son Rahul.
The book is suitable for children that are 7+ in age. Children that are doing India for the topic would like it.
I would recommend this book because it is funny and interesting .

Jamie W

I would recommend this book because it is funny and interesting .

Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent service, 6 Sep 2011
Thank you woollybearbooks.Ordered Saturday morning and arrieved Tuesday morning. Packaged securely and the sticker with the return address made me smile. The book was in excellent condition for secondhand and not in print anymore. My son will enjoy the read. Thank you. Will use you again now i have found you.

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Grandpa's Indian Summer (Paperback)
A good wee story with lots of interesting snippets about Indian culture versus English culture. I read this to some 8 year olds and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandpa's Indian Summer, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Grandpa's Indian Summer (Paperback)
Needed this book urgently and sent a message requesting postage ASAP. Seller emailed back immediately and promised to send straight away, which seller did.

Grandpa's Indian Summer
Grandpa's Indian Summer by Jamila Gavin (Paperback - 6 Feb 2006)
Used & New from: 1.95