Format: PaperbackChange

on 8 February 2012
A lovely version of this classic series with original illustrations. We chose separate books rather than one big volume to make it easier for smaller hands to hold. Very pleased with the product.
on 6 October 2010
Very funny and sometimes wise stories about winnie the pooh and his friends. The books "now we are six" and "when we were very young" contain nice poems. I can recommend those books. wonderful stories to read to your child.
on 8 February 2009
What can be said? It's Pooh, it's classic, it's brilliant. The days before Disney turned Christopher Robin into a girl!(see the current computer animated cartoons).
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2013
I grew up listening to the Winnie the Pooh stories, and even got to read part of one of them at my sister's wedding last year. I love the presentation of this box set and love looking through the books. They bring back so many lovely memories. All so brilliantly written, and ready to be enjoyed by children and adults alike!!
on 19 October 2013
Beautifully printed and altogether satisfying; it is a pleasure to have them all in one collection.
Children's books which are perhaps even more appreciated by "grown-ups"!
on 26 August 2013
Bought this set for one of my grand daughters. I think it will become much loved, as I loved the stories and poems and as did her mother. The original illustrations do much to counter the disneyfication of these delightful books.
on 25 November 2013
Bought this for my 6yr old granddaughter, as she has recently learnt to read, and I wanted her to enjoy the old favourites I read to her Mum years ago. We all loved this set. Small children feel very grown up having a boxed set they can arrange and replace by themselves. All three generations are now prompting each other to remember the next lines of the poems, making it something we can all share, and my daughter and son in law admit to reading on, for their own enjoyment, long after their child has gone to sleep! Only reservation is that printing is quite small, especially if you are reading in low light at bedtime. Coloured illustrations are fabulous though.
on 26 November 2011
A present for my mother in law, she wants to practice her English, so these books are really what she was looking for.
on 29 March 2015
Lovely presented set. The long versions of Winnie the pooh perhaps for a young reader rather than reading to toddlers. My daughter wanted the whole book read in on go. I managed to get out of that and hide them from bedtime short stories. Great classics to have.
on 31 March 2014
I nicely put together package with the four "Pooh" books nicely printed.

Not especially "child-proof"... for a child I might go for a slightly larger format, in more robust bindings, and not bother with the box.