4.0 out of 5 stars Simple adventure story
This great little adventure story has the most beautiful illustrations. The text is simple to understand and suitable for children aged 5-9. The accompanying CD is an added bonus and one my daughter enjoys listening to.
Published on 1 Feb. 2009 by Susannah

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture
Published on 9 Dec. 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple adventure story, 1 Feb. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely picture book, 12 Jun. 2011
A lovely story book with beautiful illustrations.
(This book is however, a shortened version of the original story.)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely story with actions CD, 28 Nov. 2010
Lovely gentle story that captivated my 4 year old who wanted to listen to it over and over and over again. He loved the narrator and was interested in the idea of another language, French, it has a few french words in it, said by the cat that sparked his interest. Lovely illustrations too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture, 9 Dec. 2011
Whilst this is a lovely book, with beautiful illustrations, it is not the book I thought I'd ordered, which was the full original version ie the book depicted, and not the picture book version. I admit I didn't read all the blurb before buying it, because I knew which book I wanted and assumed it was the one shown in the picture. I was buying it to complete the set for my son for Christmas. I will however, keep it as a gift for someone else, but have now had to reorder from a different source to complete the set. Please update the picture!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cat Who Wanted To Go Home, 1 Mar. 2014
I got this as we have got and read Jill Tomlinsons other stories, about Plop the Owl, Otto the Penguin, Pongo the Gorilla and Pim the Advark...and they are both lovely stories, and funny too.
My 5yr old loves them, so I would highly recommend any of the above to get as bedtime stories for your little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 8 Jan. 2014
My three boys all loved this story and have listened over and over. Great value and a good voice to listen to as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit, 13 Sept. 2012
Once my daughter became a more confident reader (approx age 7) she could read these to herself, but they are good stories to read aloud as well. The titles make them sound like the stories are all going to be a bit the same, but that's not so, they are quite different. The Cat story is the most charming, we think. My only regret is not buying a set with a larger number of the books in it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product., 4 Nov. 2014
The audio does not work on the iPad. This renders half of the product useless, not adequate for purpose and poor value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars The CAT who Wanted to go Home, 11 Oct. 2014
A bit repetitive but a very VERY nice story
I like it a lot
And because of the audio, it is even better

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not download onto iPad!!, 28 Sept. 2013
I like to keep children's books on the iPad as my Kindle is not in colour. I read through the description and it says nothing about not being compatible. So I have just wasted my money...

Be warned!!!

The Cat Who Wanted to Go Home
The Cat Who Wanted to Go Home by Jill Tomlinson (Paperback - 6 May 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01