4.0 out of 5 stars Strange Messages Review, 2 Jan 2008
I love this book and once again Enid has written a book well worth a read. This book is not my favourite of the 15 mystery books she wrote but is definitely a great book to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 11 May 2007
Saturnicus "Saturnicus" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The 14th of the series.
Ms Blyton put more than a little effort into this one. It has everything the youngsters will love and yet there is a maturity about the writing less obvious in some of the earlier books in the series. She makes references to actual cities and newspapers rather than the invented names she seems to prefer. Fatty even seemes to be aware of his substantial girth. He also displays a rather adult way of thinking. And she makes references to Burma.
This book was surprisingly different. Could there have been an ouside influence?
Sadly no.15 did not follow the same high standard.
A very good read indeed - one of her better works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book!!!, 5 Feb 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Mystery of the Strange Messages (The Mysteries Series) (Paperback)
This is a great book. It was so good, sometimes I felt like saying coo like Ern!!! Each book gets better as they go on, I can't wait to read the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars George's (age 7) report on my first Enid Blyton book, 28 Jan 2009
A Kid's Review
I thought Enid Blyton had a good imagination and made it scary in some ways like at the end when Fatty got stuck in the cupboard and when Mr.Goon came in to the story. I loved the word 'loveaduck'. It sounds so funny, I really liked the old-fashioned language. I loved it and would like to read another Enid Blyton book.
Coo! (another word in the book that I liked)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 9 Feb 2014
Once again the book arrived very efficiently and in good condition and provided an amusing few hours of entertainment, the plot keeping one guessing

5.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't been PC'd to death, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this Rewards series copy to complete my original Find Outers set which my son is loving. I had originally bought a paperback, but it turned out to be so messed about with that both my son (aged 8) and I hated it: For example, Fatty was referred to by Goon as "That big boy" instead of "That fat boy" also, for some reason Fatty was calling his mother "mummy". Whoever had PC'd them had no idea of the era and more importantly, of the characters. I wish there was some way of telling what sort of version we were buying at the time of purchase. With the characters having undergone a personality transplant, the book was ruined for us. This rewards series seems perfect, but now I can't find any more of them. EDIT: this review has appeared with the picture of the very paperback edition we hated. The various editions are absolutely NOT the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 8 Nov 2013
I used to have this book when I was a child and read it so much it fell apart. I have been looking for a replacement for sometime and was really pleased to find the exact copy.

The book arrived a few days after ordering (and well before the estimated date) and was in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars sounds great, 24 Feb 2013
I have looked at the reviews and it sounds great I have not got these books yet because I am still stuck on the secret seven books I cannot wait to have these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 Sep 2014
This is the best book I have ever ever read I recommend that you buy this amazing book loveaduck
Coo

The Mystery of the Strange Messages (The Mysteries Series)
The Mystery of the Strange Messages (The Mysteries Series) by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 3 May 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available