5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to make sense of anatomy - BUY THIS BOOK
I would highly recommend this book to anyone starting a medical degree and other anatomy related courses.
Published on 30 Mar. 2004 by S. Helyer

2.0 out of 5 stars A very frustrating book
I initially purchased this book as a quick method to review anatomy but was sorely disappointed. I found the book to be highly over-rated and I'm not quite sure what its purpose is. The book charts the route of every artery, vein, lymph vessel and nerve and in the end has a list of muscles, joint, foramina and some surface anatomy. The description of the book states that...
Published on 4 May 2011 by S. Javed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to make sense of anatomy - BUY THIS BOOK, 30 Mar. 2004
S. Helyer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
Instant Anatomy charts the course and distribution of every artery, vein, set of lymphatics, and nerve (cranial, peripheral and autonomic). This is done in a very simple style with a diagram on one side and any text on the side opposite. Quite frankly a goldfish could read this book and get an anatomy degree.
Probably the most impressive section is that on the muscles. This is great for revision with each muscle listed alongside it's origin, insertion, action and innervation.
Also included is information on joints, ossification times, foramina (in full detail), other spaces and positions of structures according to vertebral levels.
You will need a more pictorial anatomy text to accompany this to get the full picture. But I cannot stress enough that this a perfect book if you are learning anatomy.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT!!, 9 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
I love this book!! the second edition got me through anatomy as a 1st year medical student and now 8 years later I am still using the book for parts 1+2 MRCS and I am sure will continue to use it throughout my career. the second edition got handed to friends and I never saw it again!! so I had to get the third edition which has new invaluable chapters on specialised spaces, surface anatomy and vertebral levels. Bob is a truly inspirational teacher and I am constantly using his mneumonics to this day

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 April 2004
Steve (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
I'm a first year medical student and this book has helped me no end in my revision. It's packed with knowledge, but the colourful diagrammatic way in which it is presented makes it easy to digest and remember. I personally found the cranial nerve section the most useful, but that's probably just because I found that hardest to begin with. It's a gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Mar. 2007
R. Proctor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
This is a fantastic resource for looking up anatomic facts quickly and easily.

It's not intended as the sole anatomy text to learn from for the first time but once you've learnt the info once you'll use this book again and again - as an undergrad, as a clinical student, prior to memberships / fellowships and beyond as a reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRAND!!!!, 11 Mar. 2010
E. Valsamis (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
This book very clearly shows many aspects of anatomy and is a one-of-a-kind. The best bit in my opinion is the nervous and vascular diagrams which VERY VERY VERY clearly show branching, sypmathetic and parasympathetic, sensory and motor innervations from one nerve to the other-this is particularly outstandingly achieved in the cranial nerves section which is nototrious for its complicated anatomy. As a 1st year Cambridge Medical student I HIGHLY recommend this book as a companion [saviour!] for any undergraduate anatomy-related medicine course. It has been the most helpful and unique anatomy book I have used this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Anatomy 4th edition, 4 Jun. 2010
D. J. MCLAUGHLIN (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
Upon first inspection, Instant Anatomy does not resemble any anatomy book you are likely to have seen before; it fits quite snugly into a lab coat pocket, which unfortunately cannot be said for many of the Leviathan anatomy textbooks to which we are accustomed. However, one should not be deceived as therein lies its brilliance: this quickly referenced David undoubtedly will slay those cumbersome Goliaths during revision time and on the wards.

This, the fourth edition of Instant Anatomy, provides additional drawings of important and often ill-understood areas such as the lesser sac as well as all the popular material from previous editions such as the muscle tables. The Instant Anatomy series, including the accompanying CD-ROM, with podcasts, audiovisual demonstrations, and questions, is obviously a labour of love for its authors and greatly enriches one's knowledge and understanding of anatomy.

Having come to the end of my anatomy course, I can state quite unequivocally that is has been my first port of call for reference and revision and I would definitely recommend it as a must-have companion for any study of human anatomy.

DJMcL
Cambridge 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent revision guide!, 22 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
A truly excellent instant, pocket reference to undergraduate study of anatomy. This helped me a great deal in my first year and several of my colleagues found the extremely anal way that this text deals with topics such as the cranial nerves particularly useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 19 Feb. 2008
A customer (Asturias) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
This is a must of skeletal anatomy sudents.
It addresses vascular and nerve distribution with very clear colour drwaings.
Is very easy to read and understand and it can also be use as a reference book for post graduate work.

5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
I bought this book when first revising for my Intercollegiate MRCS Part I+II. Whilst not detailed enough for Part III, it is an excellent aide-memoire for the MCQ's, with the excellent chapter entitled 'Spaces Other Than Skull & Spine'. This chapter is constantly examined in the new exams and this book presents them in the perfect way for revision. Learning branches and courses of vessels is easier given the simplicity of the text and I would definately recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremley useful, 15 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Instant Anatomy (Paperback)
As a first year medial student, revision in anatomy has been made considerably easier with the aid of this book. It's basically a wiring diagram and quick reference guide that tells you all you need to know about paths of vessels, origins and insertions of muscles etc. The cranial nerves are especially well covered. Buy it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Instant Anatomy
Instant Anatomy by Neil R. Borley (Paperback - 5 Mar. 2010)