5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 4 July 2007
MissDemeanour (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this and several other tech books for my degree and this was by far the best...very comprehensive and in depth coverage, far more information than Chudley- highly recommended, especially for those who have to produce detailed drawings to regs as part of their course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lecturer recommended textbook for UK construction, 25 Aug 2010
I lecture in construction at Southampton Solent University and have found this to be the best available textbook for students of Architecture, Architectural Technology, Construction and Building Surveying currently available. It has been comprehensively updated and I have not found any major errors. It is clear and comprehensive and I would not hesitate to recommend it, with Barry's Advanced Construction of Buildings, to students studying construction technology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Feb 2009
M. Mcpherson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I embarked on a 1 year QS conversion course and this book proved invaluable for someone with no previous knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Aug 2009
Brilliant for the HNC Building Studies course which I am currently partaking. Haven't found a better book yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and detailed, 4 Sep 2010
Good and detailed book; was advised by my teacher and it's definitely been of good use!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: Barry's Introduction to Construction of Buildings (Paperback)
I've used all the other standard texts that people recommend such as Chudley and Construction of Houses by Marshall amongst others and this is by far the best. I mainly bought it because I needed to do some research on modern roof coverings and this was the only book to give a good summary.

Of course, no book can give a complete guide and so I would also recommend the Construction Technology series by Riley & Howard. They come in three volumes where the second talks about commercial buildings. Worth a look if you don't like this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 1 July 2011
J. Lee (UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a book to help me with my architecture course and this book is a godsend for me. The book is well structured; each element is separated into chapters so you can easily look for the material you need. They included technical drawings and illustrations which are easy to understand and helpful, specially to a first year like me.

All in all, a fantastic book which illustrates ad defines the many aspects of construction cohesively and would recommend to anyone who needs a good reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise & easy to understand, 10 Jun 2011
I bought this book, along with its sister publication (advanced construction of buildings) and I can honestly say they truly are gems. Easy to follow, read and comprehend. I thoroughly recommend these series to anyone embarking on construction related study. All your questions answered quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
An absolute bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid stuff., 4 Feb 2014
The best effort, that I've read anyway, in making the sometimes bewildering world of construction and regulations intelligible. It makes having to read through page after page of boring material a little more bearable.

Barry's Introduction to Construction of Buildings
Barry's Introduction to Construction of Buildings by Christopher A. Gorse (Paperback - 22 Jan 2010)
Used & New from: 11.99