5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for students
This book is very good if you need information regarding patients and good practice. I have used it for a number of my assignments in first year ODP essays as a reference and would recommend this book to anyone.

Well worth the money and not too big to carry around

Mr. M. K. Carey (Bury, England) - See all my reviews

Well worth the money and not too big to carry around

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for students and qualified staff, 28 Sep 2010
A. Mavrakakis "ms_mav" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caring for the Perioperative Patient (Essential Clinical Skills) (Paperback)
I am a trainee operating department practitioner (ODP). I bought this book in my first year and found the language really easy to understand having not spent much time in an operating department before buying this book. It is a good book for familiarising yourself with the perioperative terminology which is very important because once you learn it half the battle is over! It is also great for explaining what to expect in perioperative environments, from the basics upwards. I'm half way through the ODP course now and I always go back to this book even though I am a more experienced trainee and soon to be qualified. I have used it as a reference in many essays as it covers many areas of operating department practice. This book is suitable for trainees such as myself and qualified practitioners working throughout the opearting department and ITU etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful !, 8 Jun 2013
It's very useful, especially when I was writing my essay regarding this subject. I'm very happy with this purchase. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for students and newly qualified theatre staff, 23 April 2011
After checking the older version of this book out of the university library so many times, I decided to buy this latest version.
It has been really useful to me so far in all of my assignments, class work and work based practice so far during my ODP training. Everything is explained in a very easy to understand way and it seems to cover everything I need to know.
A definate recommended read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very informative perioperative book, 19 Mar 2011
J. Nuttall (Wakefield) - See all my reviews
This book provides all round information on the perioperative care setting, and is invauble to the ODP giving the basic info needed to understand the subjects covered in very simple terms.

2.0 out of 5 stars Caring for the perioperative patient, 6 April 2006
This book is primarily aimed at the novice in the perioperative arena, student nurses and trainee Operating Department Practitioners, and nurses and ODPs who have just qualified. It is divided into two sections, the first include core issues in perioperative care such as perioperative homeostasis, perioperative equipment, pharmacology, communication and finally managing perioperative risks.
The second section entitled perioperative care is much more specific. It follows the patient pathway, preoperative preparation and patient care during anaesthesia, surgery and recovery. Added to this it has a chapter entitled 'A route to enhanced competence in perioperative care.' This chapter is based upon the work carried out by an NHS Education Scotland [NES] working party in 2001 -2002, and presents a list of perioperative competencies.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 24 Jun 2014
Very interesting book. I just started to read it and I found it very interesting. Small book but wider information about odp

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every ODP student, 28 Oct 2013
Bought this book as it was recommended by my friend who has just qualified as an odp. She said this book will see you right thru uni so I decided to buy it. Just completed my first assignment and I used it lots! Wicker is lead of my course and he knows his stuff. Defo recommend buying it, has all sorts about all sorts perioperative in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 5 Jan 2013
Caring for the perioperative patient (book)
This item was at a nice price, packaged well, good condition and delivered fast,
A good book to refer to

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 7 Oct 2010
it is so compact that you have to research for some of the stuff the book says, though it is soo good that my colleague didn't return it to me. Which reminds me of getting it back.

Caring for the Perioperative Patient (Essential Clinical Skills)
Caring for the Perioperative Patient (Essential Clinical Skills) by Joy O'Neill (Paperback - 13 April 2010)
23.74