Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 April 2011
After checking the older version of this book out of the university library so many times, I decided to buy this latest version.
It has been really useful to me so far in all of my assignments, class work and work based practice so far during my ODP training. Everything is explained in a very easy to understand way and it seems to cover everything I need to know.
A definate recommended read.
on 28 September 2010
I am a trainee operating department practitioner (ODP). I bought this book in my first year and found the language really easy to understand having not spent much time in an operating department before buying this book. It is a good book for familiarising yourself with the perioperative terminology which is very important because once you learn it half the battle is over! It is also great for explaining what to expect in perioperative environments, from the basics upwards. I'm half way through the ODP course now and I always go back to this book even though I am a more experienced trainee and soon to be qualified. I have used it as a reference in many essays as it covers many areas of operating department practice. This book is suitable for trainees such as myself and qualified practitioners working throughout the opearting department and ITU etc.
on 19 March 2011
This book provides all round information on the perioperative care setting, and is invauble to the ODP giving the basic info needed to understand the subjects covered in very simple terms.
on 8 June 2013
It's very useful, especially when I was writing my essay regarding this subject. I'm very happy with this purchase. Would definitely recommend.
on 24 June 2014
Very interesting book. I just started to read it and I found it very interesting. Small book but wider information about odp
on 28 October 2013
Bought this book as it was recommended by my friend who has just qualified as an odp. She said this book will see you right thru uni so I decided to buy it. Just completed my first assignment and I used it lots! Wicker is lead of my course and he knows his stuff. Defo recommend buying it, has all sorts about all sorts perioperative in!
on 30 December 2014
Any ODP students, my advice to you... This book and 'The Complete Recovery Room Book' by A. Hatfield are the only two books you need worry about and will see you right.
on 26 August 2014
Great for a newly qualified nurse with some or no placement experience in theatres/recovery who wants to revise and have a good reference book.
on 7 October 2010
it is so compact that you have to research for some of the stuff the book says, though it is soo good that my colleague didn't return it to me. Which reminds me of getting it back.
on 1 December 2014
Excellent book the references are call up to date and make life easy when studying