4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful tool!, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice (Paperback)
This book has given me an insight into many topics which I think I will come across on placement.
Being a third year Nursing student, who has already done an A&E placement, I really enjoyed reading this and got a lot out of it.
Think it will come in handy for many years to come!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book but Beware IPad Users/kindle users, 21 Jan 2012
The actual contents of the book in general is really useful for nurses and medics new and experienced in critical care. Only issue is that it actually is not very kindle friendly and I can not use it on my IPad 2 kindle app as its not compatible. I would advise prospective purchasers to steer clear from the kindle version on this one. There is not navigation in the contents screen nor page numbers included so one has to manually scroll to contents in the ebook by contantly tapping the next botton which can be tiring and loathsome and makes you wish you had put up the extra few ££££ to get the book.

The authors Suzanne and Kate are very knowledgeable and inspiring individuals who have a passion for teaching and have a unique way of applying theory into practice. I am well suited to comment because they both lectured my post qualification intensive care course at Kings College University London

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice (Paperback)
I was given this book to review by the company, and i must say, it was brilliant, im a third year nursing student and critical care is really important in the final year, its really helping out with my revision, and my tutor has also shown a good interest in the book, its very in depth, so its also good for qualified nurses, and even medical students, overall very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Critical Care Nursing, 1 Aug 2013
B. Lusterio - See all my reviews
This review is from: Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice (Paperback)
A very useful reference and simple to follow. It is based on experiences of looking after patients with a variety of cases in Critical Care. It came very handy when I was doing my Critical Care Course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for the ITU exam, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice (Paperback)
This book is essential reading for the ITU exam. Up to date, great references, easy to read and digest. I couldn't recommend it enough as swallowing the 3 exam topic chapters got me an A in the King's exam. I'd definitely recommend following through with the suggested further reading for each chapter though to round out your understanding and critical thinking as this book kind of spoon feeds you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, 10 Jun 2013
Must have for any Critical care studies. Well structured and with all the essentials for studies or just brushing up.

Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice
Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice by Suzanne Bench (Paperback - 5 April 2011)