5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent all rounder
I studied this book as part of the Strategy module for my MBA and found it comprehensive, thorough and relatively easy to read and digest.
Published on 18 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Strategy Analysis
The book condition is very good and subject is my module running but other text book with same subject was expensive and I am happy with the delivery

Thanks!
Published 22 months ago by Nas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent all rounder, 18 Nov 2000
By A Customer
There are many good strategy books that provide excellent insight into key parts of strategy, this one gives a solid grounding across all the disciplines (including work by Porter, Ansoff, Hamel & Prahalad, Ohmae, Chandler, BCG, McKinsey etc.).
Highly recommended for strategy students and executives looking to build a thorough and credible knowledge of the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 5 Sep 2003
By A Customer
I don't write alot of reviews but this one compelled me to share my thougths becuase it was so good. Recently completing my MBA, I read a few strategy books but put them all down after I bought this one. This is a clearly written, well-crafted book that elequently combines theory with real-world examples in an easy to understand and compelling way. Really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 May 2004
James Naylor (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
I am an undergraduate degree level student (Business Studies).
"Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Concepts, Techniques, Applications" is an excellent book. I used it both in my first and final year. I really gets to grips with the key issues and provides a lot of depth. Not too difficult to read and if this is in a list of books for you to get, and you have to choose one, I definately recommend this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 2 May 2009
Mr. G. Johnstone (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
Third year Business Studies at University of Edinburgh

Really good material backed up in every case with a useful practical example of a real company employing the strategies being described. Really useful for coursework and revision. Means you don't have to do nearly so much outside research for practical examples to help your grade.

It has "strategy capsules" in every chapter that give more detailed examples of each strategy being implemented by a real company and the impacts the strategy has on their operation.

Overall, a really useful book that I found very helpful for revision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Core MBA text, 9 Jun 2007
A comprehensive and coherent overview of strategic concepts and a nice counterpoint to Exploring Corporate Strategy by Johnson and Scholes (another standard in the MBA armamentarium) . Disappointingly the text is a little light on full case studies (some of which aren't quite as contemporary as you'd expect given the title) - a fact tacitly acknowledged perhaps by the presence of 'Cases to Accompany Contemporary Strategy Analysis' (at £25 no less). 6e is due out any day but probably as an exorbitantly priced hardback

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible, Rigorous and Comprehensive, 29 Jun 2010
This review is from: Contemporary Strategy Analysis (Paperback)
This was the core text on a recent Masters level Strategy course which I completed using the 6th Edition. This book is superb, it develops the reader's understanding from foundations to advanced topics in a very fluid manner. No concept is discussed without it having previously been introduced. The narrative style makes for easy reading, but it is by no means an easy read. It will take time to cover each chapter and fully digest its contents, but once completed it will impart an excellent level of understanding to the student. Look no further than this Classic standard text.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, but not a practical guide, 15 Feb 2009
Nuno Almeida (Southampton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contemporary Strategy Analysis (Paperback)
I found this book to be extremely complete in terms of analysing all the relevant tools for strategic analysis and the different perspectives that need analysing. I've been reading it from cover to cover and I think it is allowing me to learn a lot. However, I think I miss a little of guidance on how to apply the process end to end, e.g. how to put a strategy together for a small book&coffee shop that I would like to franchise? There is little of practical in this book, and when there is, it is mostly applied to large corporates, usually to demonstrate specific concepts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good explaination, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Contemporary Strategy Analysis (Paperback)
Good explaination, easy to understand and useful case study that is my reason to rate the maximum point for it

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivered Part but Accepted Responsibility, 8 Feb 2013
I bought 2 books, for me and a collegue. There was only one book delivered in a plastic bag/package. The second one never arrived. I talk with the seller, that replied immediately and returned the money.
The book was in great conditions, but had a sticker saying "Gift Aid Item" or something like that, so I thing it's a gift for a teacher, maybe not the final version.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strategy Analysis, 31 Jan 2013

Thanks!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Contemporary Strategy Analysis
Contemporary Strategy Analysis by Robert M. Grant (Paperback - 17 May 2007)
Used & New from: £2.80