Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 May 2010
This book is well structured, informative, easy to understand and is recommended for those interested in geology at any level, be it amateur interest or those doing a degree in the subject. If you are doing a degree in geology buy this at the start of your course and I promise this will prove an invaluable text, not only for any sedimentology and stratigraphy courses, but as reference when in the field e.g. 2nd year mapping (assuming you're not mapping the horror that is igneous + metamorphic). In summary this book is a must have for anybody interested in geology.
on 7 October 2012
This is a great book for anyone who is studying geology, I am a second year undergraduate and this book was extremely valuable in my first year. It's well organised and there was plenty of detail and covered everything on my first year course and hopefully will be just as good for the rest of my time studying. Would certainly recommend it!
on 11 March 2013
great book clearly written, just what I needed to help me understand my course on sedimentary rocks and stratigraphy. will always be useful
on 22 December 2013
Any geology student will find this boom a treasure as it has a wealth of info on sedimentary processes and is easy to understand
on 7 April 2014
masterstudent writing
You can base a course on this book.
What can i say more about a book like this
on 23 October 2014
Great description on how rocks and stratified layers are formed
on 14 April 2015
Good help for a budding geologist
on 4 November 2015
good
on 15 January 2010
The price of this book is extortionate, amazon is renound for the prices of the products to be cheaper than on high streets, however I can get this book "sedimentology and stratigraphy" cheaper at my university book shop.