5.0 out of 5 stars Bargin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and Bad
Published on 22 Jan 2012 by hollylovesrock

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargin, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Dictionary of Human Geography (Paperback)
Despite not being on my course's recommended reading list this book is a must have for any human geography student. The book is well laid out, easy to understand and use. I have yet to have and essay or lecture where i havent found a use for it. For the price i paid i expected the book to be far smaller but it is wonderfully comprehensive. Bar-to-the-gain my fellow geographers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Dictionary of Human Geography (Paperback)
This book was recommended by a tutor for my BA degree. Its amazing, not only does it give basic definitions/ information, there are suggested readings at the end of most sections. Its quick and easy to find other literature on a chosen subject, I couldn't do without it!

2.0 out of 5 stars good content, very poor Kindle implementation, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Dictionary of Human Geography (Paperback)
There's no doubt the content of this publication is excellent. I've used it many times through the university library, but wanted to have it as an ebook on my iPad for handy reference. The kindle version doesn't have hyperlinks between articles. So, for example, if I read "Public space" and see the link to "Habermas", I need to then search for "Habermas", whereas it would be so much easier to simply click on the word and link through to the article.

Very poor show from the publisher - I certainly wouldn't have bothered spending the on this had I known it was no better than a printed book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and Bad, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Dictionary of Human Geography (Paperback)
I bought this book as part of the recommended reading listed for my undergraduate geography course and it has been extremely helpful. It's the only book I've lifted more than once to help in my understanding while writing an essay or revising for exams and although it doesn't exactly put definitions in simple terms, it does give a lot of information. If this particular book is listed at all in any of your recommended reading lists, I would definitely recommend buying it. It always comes in handy.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Dictionary of Human Geography, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Dictionary of Human Geography (Paperback)
I bought this book as recommended by my tutor for my human geography course. I have found it to be very useful when finding a definition with more detail and reliability than the internet

The Dictionary of Human Geography
The Dictionary of Human Geography by Derek Gregory (Paperback - 23 April 2009)
22.49