Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 June 2011
As someone who is developing an interest in the subject, I bought this book as a starting point to give me some more information about Ancient Egypt; the history, archaeological findings, culture, art etc, and it does not disappoint. It is clearly set out, with each chapter beginning a new period of time in Egypt's history. There are photos and drawings of archaeological findings, as well as descriptions. I highly recommend this book to everyone- whether you are looking in to Egyptology as a hobby, or are looking to pursue it as a career.
on 15 September 2014
Bought this in my first year at uni (I am studying archaeology and ancient history). Helped me to understand a lot and goes through the history and the archaeology. Would highly recommend for any taking on Ancient Egyptian study!
on 27 February 2014
Clearly lecture notes compiled into a book, but good, sound basic information nevertheless. Easy to read. Some of the maps could have more detail in them. A good buy.