Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 June 2009
I'm studying Zoology at university, and this textbook was reccommended for a course I was taking. It was very informative with easy to read chapters and great illustrations. I'd reccomend it to anyone who is studying or interested in human evolution, but it is an introduction and if you need something more in depth this probably isn't for you.
on 8 July 2011
This book is a great detailed summary of the facts about human evolution - I was looking for a text that had specific detail about humans rather than general evolution facts. This book covers all the areas where scientific disciplines have found evidence. Well set out.
on 27 January 2014
I ordered this textbook and the I book received was missing chapter 3. I arranged for a replacement to be sent, but the replacement also had chapter 3 missing! A couple of other people on my course have books with chapter 3 missing from Amazon.
This is very disappointing. I am in the middle of a course, for which this is a text book. I can't risk Amazon sending me another faulty book, and will have to source the item from elsewhere. The textbook itself is very good!
on 22 September 2013
Sadly, my book is missing many pages. I am trying to use it to support learning while I participate in a college course. Other than the missing pages, I a finding the text to be informative enough. There are no color pictures or other graphics, though, as it is printed entirely in 'black and white.' All said, it's okay.
on 27 October 2013
perfect book for the course I am doing - easy to read and clear to understand complex issues - happy with purchase
on 29 March 2016
Academic yet very enjoyable
on 27 May 2010
Excellent book that helped me gain university credit points recently...only down side was the small print, which made reading of an evening time difficult!
on 18 March 2015
Helped at uni
on 20 June 2009
This book was a requirement for a Bachelors Degree I'm starting. It was important that I purchased the 5th edition (latest), but it wasn't clear from the photo or the description if it was the 4th or 5th edition.
I ordered it anyway and fortunately it was the one I wanted.
I live in a pretty remote place and the delivery was quicker than I expected. I also ordered the e-book so I could enlarge it on my laptop.
Great Service, Great Book, Easy to understand.
on 16 October 2010
This book is very interesting and helpful. it was received promptly and was in very good condition. Thank you