5.0 out of 5 stars Will leave anyone smiling
Published on 12 Dec 2006 by L. Hogan

2.0 out of 5 stars I dont understand the rave reviews of this book
Maybe I missed the point... but I dont really rate this book. Maybe when my 2 year old is a bit older, I might change my opinion?
Published 11 months ago by ACSS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Will leave anyone smiling, 12 Dec 2006
L. Hogan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Hardcover)
This is one of the lovieliest books Ive ever encountered. Only four words go into this whimisical story. The illustrations are loose watercolours that suit the quirky nature of this book perfectly. This is yet another childrens' book that I bought as a gift, but then had to get a copy for myself when i fell in love with it. Children laugh with joy at the simplicity of it and I would reccomend it for anyone who loves beautiful books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, beautiful , book., 14 April 2006
young man (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Hardcover)
A simple book that is perfect for use with even the youngest child.

It is really short so can be read quickly to a young child who is squirming on your lap, but the pictures can start some lengthy discussions.

It even showed my older child the importanct of punctuation!

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple, delightful read for parent and child, 31 Oct 2007
Gail Davis "gails_jazzhands" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Hardcover)
As to be expected from this author, this is a fantastically unusual book - very basic, though engaging in concept. The illustrations are beautiful and expressive. My 17 month old daughter adores it and often appears to "read" it to herself, so simple is 'storyline'. I think this would be a favourite for many young children and worthy of note to anyone interested in the art of children's illustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Feb 2009
A. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Paperback)
This book is THE perfect example of simple-but-effective. No story, just the 4 words:
Orange, Pear, Apple, Bear. A clever, beautifully realised book.

2.0 out of 5 stars I dont understand the rave reviews of this book, 12 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars people are weird, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Paperback)
I don't understand why people give poor reviews about Emily's books... They say it lacks any depth... Have you ever heard the word: IMAGINATION? That's what you need to have to find the real treasure of Emily's books. I borrowed this book from our library, but i will be purchasing it later on. I made up at least 20 different stories just by looking at these pictures. If you want a book that gives you a full,ready made story, which does not require any thinking,well, than you are looking at the wrong book. If, however,you are willing to spend REAL quality time with your kiddo, Emily's books are for your family.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3-year-old loves it!, 2 Aug 2010
Tim Roast (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Paperback)
Basically the book consists of different combinations of the four words in the title of the book and each combination is accompanied by an appropriate illustration. The fact that there are only these words through the book (and one additional word at the end) means that my daughter who is three and two/thirds can read it to herself. I'll be looking out for more books like this in the near future to help her as she begins to learn to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for young learners!, 12 Feb 2009
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Paperback)
My toddler loves this, very clever, very simple, very easy and fun. A lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern classic, 4 Sep 2008
E. Woollard "Elli" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Paperback)
Surely destined to become a classic with the stature of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar', Emily Gravett's 'Orange, Pear, Apple, Bear' proves that there is magic in simplicity. With just four easy words, she is able to create a wealth of scenarios, from the sublime (a fruit-juggling bear) to the deliciously ridiculous (a hilariously large-bottomed pear-coloured bear). The illustrations, with their fluid lines and wonderful expressiveness, convey with delightful humour the emotions of the bear, from happy to somewhat sheepish, and are guaranteed to appeal to adult and child alike.
A book I fully expect to be on the shelves for the next 40 years - or more.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is simply adorable!, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Orange Pear Apple Bear (Paperback)
I love Emily Gravett's books and this is probably my favourite. Delightful illustrations and humour. A real gem. I bought a used copy and was thrilled with the condition and speed of delivery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Orange Pear Apple Bear
Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett (Paperback - 5 Jan 2007)
3.99