5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy food to inspire
On the advice of the low carb diet plan I am following I bought this book, and I'm so glad I have. The recipes are delicious and the pictures will make your mouth water. I have yet to cook a recipe that doesn't work! This book has helped me keep on course so that I haven't cheated.

Published on 17 Jan 2007 by N. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it - BUT . . .
The recipes here are lovely - smashing food for the adventurous cook.

However I did have a few problems finding some of the ingredients in the local shop - "ground flaxseed" is simply not available to me and yet seems to be a basic constituent of many recipes as a flour replacement. Also, as a long-term dieter, I found it hard coming to terms with all that...
Published on 29 May 2010 by Angela

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy food to inspire, 17 Jan 2007
N. Hall "joker13na" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)

One of the hardest things in a low carb diet is satisfying your sweet tooth. I know some diets recommend you cut out sweet foods altogether, or limit them to special occasions. This is fine if you are able to do it, but what some people find is that this craving for sweet things may lead you to cheat, so why not find 'legal' sweets. This book has some lovely ones, including brownies, silken chocolate pudding, coconut macaroons, ice cream and pancakes. MMMMmmmmm

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!!, 24 May 2007
C. Lewis (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
This is by far the best low-carb book I have ever used. It has DELICIOUS recipes and suggests realistic alternatives to rice, potatoes and so on. Well done to Kate Barnaby for creating such fantastic low-carb food!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gourmet but straightforward!, 28 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
I bought this book after I found myself searching for this lady's recipes on the web. I wanted the recipes in my own kitchen! Delightful recipes, straightforwardly presented. I hope she writes a follow-up book soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Mar 2008
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
If this book doesn't keep you on the low-carb straight and narrow then nothing will.
Interesting preamble as to how the author got involved with low-carbing and some really great recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Jun 2010
M. Godwin (Suffolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
This is a great book if you are following a low-carb diet. Chocolate brownies, strawberry shortcakes, lasagne, pizza...all are delicious. Who knew you could make an alternative to pasta sheets and pizza bases using eggs, cream, cheese and herbs?

5.0 out of 5 stars New recipes for the low carb eater, 13 May 2010
Andrew Brown (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
I have been eating a low carb diet for some time and was beginning to find my menu options a bit repetitive. I purchased the Low Carb Gourmet cookbook and was surprised to find a significant number of new ideas which have really enlivened my options.

Some of the best are Nut Butter frosted brownies, they taste pretty realistic and are under 3g of carbs per portion ! There is also a recipe for Cauliflower mash which is good with sausages or can also be used to make Shepherds Pie. Interestingly there is Cauliflower Rice which is very good with Chinese type food.

Overall I believe this is a very good and useful book to bring some variation and new twists to a low carb diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I brought two!, 12 May 2010
R. Monger "Rea" (West sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
This book is a must have for any low carber. The recipes are easy to follow and realistic, I managed to find most the ingredients from my local Tesco. Makes the low Carb diet easier to follow, never thought I would be having pancakes for breakfast again! The brownies, pancakes, waffles and sheperd pies are all superb, also great for cooking in bulk and the freezing in portions. I was so impressed I brought a copy for my friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 23 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
I really can't rate this book high enough. So far I have tried 5 recipes and they all turned out fantastic....including cake! Yes, cake on a low carb diet! Woohooo! The recipes are easy to follow and most don't involve really expensive ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls Royce of Low Carb Recipe Books!, 23 Feb 2008
Dee (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
A fabulous book, and one that should be part of everyone's recipe book collection, whether following a low carb diet or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dieting success!, 22 July 2009
J. Egan (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
If it wasn't for the fantastic & delicious recipes in this book we would have given up the lo carbing after 1 week. The forward gives you hope so do read it, & the recipes make you realise how to use some foods for unexpected & tasty results. The puddings are saviours! Really would recommend this book.

The Low-Carb Gourmet
The Low-Carb Gourmet by Karen Barnaby (Paperback - 4 Nov 2005)
9.09