4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD's for 2yr olds
My two year old loves these CD's and however fractious he is, he becomes instantly quiet when i play them! Each CD includes the story and a song and is approx 20mins.
Published on 1 Feb. 2009 by K. Bourner

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
my daughter loves all these books and wont read books before bed so this is the perfect compromise. just a shame the stories are so short should maybe have put 2 stories on 1 cd. as i keep having to change it every 10 mins some of the voices are a little dull
Published 23 months ago by gemma bletcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD's for 2yr olds, 1 Feb. 2009
K. Bourner (USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 4 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
These stories are brought to life beautifully by these CDS. They're just superb and make the perfect gift for car journeys. I just wish they were all on the one CD so I could play them at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great VFM, 17 April 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
My daughter owns most of these books and we have recently given her a cd player in her bedroom. They are beautifully read and come in a lovely case. Buying the cds individually would have cost a whole lot more. They are also just the right length to play at bedtime after you have read the story to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful stories for all ages, 4 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
Julia Donaldson has an amazing way with words. Every sentence and rhyme in these delightful stories are ticling the imagination of young and old listeners alike. The stories are all masterpieces - children love them and adults cant get tired of reading them alound. To complete the experience also get the books to look through - the illustrations coplete the experience.
A must have for familie with young kids - listening to tapes rather that watching videos sparks the imagination.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddler 'quiet time', 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
My son who is two and a half, and a big fan of Julia Donaldson, loves these CDs. They are perfect for quiet time after lunch when I need him to rest and he will happily lie quietly and listen to these CDs for the duration of them (which is over an hour in total). Most days they will lull him to sleep without any effort from me which is a tremendous relief for me and even if he doesn't nod off I know he has rested.
The stories, it goes without saying are awesome; the Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler combination is a winner time and time again.

The only reason I haven't given these 5/5 stars are to do with the voices. On the whole they are fine and the stories are well read. The mouse in the Gruffalo is really annoying though. He seems to shreak his way through the woods. I realise that mice might be thought of as squeaky but this is almost too much. Even my son doesn't like to listen to that CD and the story is a firm favourite. The monkey in Monkey Puzzle gets a bit shrill at times too but it is much more bearable as it is infrequent. The songs don't do much for me either but that wasn't the point of buying them for me.

Overall, they are a hit and I am very grateful to them for giving us some down time without the TV - perfect if not for the squeaking!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC PRODUCT, 26 Feb. 2010
M Brown (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
Baught this for my twins as we have all the books already. They absolutley love the CDs, can't get enough of them. They are on every time we get in the car. Highly recommended purchase! Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
I was very happy with this purchase, the stories are read well and give enough time for the child or teacher to turn the pages. It was well worth the money spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Entertainment, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
These CDs have become very much part of my two year old boy twins' life. They request to listen to them in the car on both short and long journeys and love the sound effects and great acting by the narrators (all well known actors). They reflect the books in a very imaginative and fun way and I would recommend them to anyone with children young enough to need entertaining. Mine have started to listening to them as part of their bedtime routine now, frequently asking for it "again, again". They are very professionally produced and I'm sure shall remain a favourite for a long time yet. Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, thank you! and please can we have more of your books in audio format!!! Buy them now for Christmas, you wont be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to Gruffalo, 24 Mar. 2013
Owl "Ollie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
This is another good addition to the collection of books, dvds, games etc. The children love these stories and for them to be able to sit with the book themselves and listen to the story is a wonderful idea. I know that these will be played to death and would have no hesitation in recommending these to anyone. If you have the books go on buy this to go with it. Enjoyed listening to them in the car as well. This product arrived on time and in good condition and the price was good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit with my three year old, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my three year old daughter as she loves to listen to stories in the car. We had quite a few Julia Donaldson books already (as all pre-school parents must!) so knew most of the stories and liked her writing style.

All of the stories are delivered brilliantly with a fabulous cast. The voices are great and keep my daughter enthralled. The songs are a lovely addition too, and simple enough for my daughter to have picked up and be able to sing along with.

The only problem I have is that each CD only lasts about 20-30 minutes, so unless I have a passenger in the front to change the disc then we have to listen to the same story on longer journeys (I don't quite fancy messing about finding the right disc while driving on the motorway!). While my daughter doesn't seem to mind, I would rather have 2 or 3 stories on the same disc.

I would really recommend this to anyone whose children like stories. If you're not already familiar with Julia Donaldson's work, please do give these a listen or have a look at some of her books. Her rhymes are witty and her plots are original and inspired! This is a box set of modern children's classics that adults can enjoy too.

The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set)
The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) by Julia Donaldson (Audio CD - 21 Oct. 2005)