4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD's for 2yr olds
My two year old loves these CD's and however fractious he is, he becomes instantly quiet when i play them! Each CD includes the story and a song and is approx 20mins.
Published on 1 Feb 2009 by K. Bourner

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
my daughter loves all these books and wont read books before bed so this is the perfect compromise. just a shame the stories are so short should maybe have put 2 stories on 1 cd. as i keep having to change it every 10 mins some of the voices are a little dull
Published 16 months ago by gemma bletcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD's for 2yr olds, 1 Feb 2009
K. Bourner (USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 4 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
These stories are brought to life beautifully by these CDS. They're just superb and make the perfect gift for car journeys. I just wish they were all on the one CD so I could play them at bedtime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddler 'quiet time', 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
My son who is two and a half, and a big fan of Julia Donaldson, loves these CDs. They are perfect for quiet time after lunch when I need him to rest and he will happily lie quietly and listen to these CDs for the duration of them (which is over an hour in total). Most days they will lull him to sleep without any effort from me which is a tremendous relief for me and even if he doesn't nod off I know he has rested.
The stories, it goes without saying are awesome; the Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler combination is a winner time and time again.

The only reason I haven't given these 5/5 stars are to do with the voices. On the whole they are fine and the stories are well read. The mouse in the Gruffalo is really annoying though. He seems to shreak his way through the woods. I realise that mice might be thought of as squeaky but this is almost too much. Even my son doesn't like to listen to that CD and the story is a firm favourite. The monkey in Monkey Puzzle gets a bit shrill at times too but it is much more bearable as it is infrequent. The songs don't do much for me either but that wasn't the point of buying them for me.

Overall, they are a hit and I am very grateful to them for giving us some down time without the TV - perfect if not for the squeaking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great VFM, 17 April 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
My daughter owns most of these books and we have recently given her a cd player in her bedroom. They are beautifully read and come in a lovely case. Buying the cds individually would have cost a whole lot more. They are also just the right length to play at bedtime after you have read the story to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful stories for all ages, 4 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
Julia Donaldson has an amazing way with words. Every sentence and rhyme in these delightful stories are ticling the imagination of young and old listeners alike. The stories are all masterpieces - children love them and adults cant get tired of reading them alound. To complete the experience also get the books to look through - the illustrations coplete the experience.
A must have for familie with young kids - listening to tapes rather that watching videos sparks the imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
I was very happy with this purchase, the stories are read well and give enough time for the child or teacher to turn the pages. It was well worth the money spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stories, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
Cds are brilliant I have a a lot of these books and the kids love them. However I was expecting a book of the gruffalos child going by the picture of the ad....

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC PRODUCT, 26 Feb 2010
M Brown (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
Baught this for my twins as we have all the books already. They absolutley love the CDs, can't get enough of them. They are on every time we get in the car. Highly recommended purchase! Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 8 Mar 2010
S. Gudgeon "book worm" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
This Gruffalo and Friends CD Box set was a fantastic buy. Arrived in excellent condition and has brought great joy to the whole family!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for bedtimes, 14 April 2010
M. lewis (sunny hackney) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) (Audio CD)
great stories to listen to at bedtime. my four year old almost looks forward to going to bed... i did say ALMOST!!!

The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set)
The Gruffalo and Friends (CD box set) by Julia Donaldson (Audio CD - 21 Oct 2005)