Format: Flexibound|Change

on 28 July 2005
I ordered this book for my friends one year old, and was most pleased with the book when it arrived. I ordered the hardback version of the book knowing it was for a young toddler, expecting it to be handled a little roughly. The book is a very solid hard back that will last the handling of little fingers. Throughout the story there are flaps to lift and tabs to pull where surprises are discovered, and these too are quite tough. The story is good and the illustrations are bright and beautiful. There is much to see and do at each page.
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2003
We Borrowed the Tickle Book from the Libary and within the first hour I was ordering our own copy for my 2 year old boy & 4 year old girl they both love it.They shout with joy & laughter as they turn the flaps to find the tickle monster under some of them. I would highly recommed this book to any one it shows how reading can be such fun.
on 14 June 2005
This is most definitely a favourite of my daughters. She has had it for over a year and LOVES it. I have to hide it sometimes as she always wants to read it!!!
Hard wearing too considering she pulls the tabs and lifts the flaps herself now when she reads it to me!
A real must buy for any child.
on 1 May 2005
My kids - 1 and 2 both LOVE this book. Even I don't get bored reading it to them, their reactions are fantastic there is just so much going on and so many things to point out.
When I get out the book for a bedtime read they literally drop whatever they are doing to come and join in. This was a gift to us and it's one that will stay a favorite for a long time.
on 28 January 2006
I agree with many of the reviews here, this book may be entertaining since there's lots to look at and talk about, however, my 2 year old tore a flap the first day she got the book. And she is not a rough little baby, with all her good intentions, she tried to pull something to the side instead of up/ down and now that page is torn. Some other pages I have to help her insert flaps back in since she can't do it herself without, again, unintentionally, "hurting the book".
on 9 May 2005
I bought this book having read previous reviews here and knowing the illustrator's work well from other books. It was specifically to take on holiday to NZ and to pass many hours on flights, in cars etc. I and my now 2 yr old son have not been disappointed. 6 months on it is still our favourite book and even when it isn't being read he still refers to it's contents and constantly hopes that the tickle monster is coming. The illustrations are quite beautiful, there is plenty of humour and I have given it to countless friends' children as a present who are now also enjoying it! I can't recommend this book more highly and I know that it will be one of those books that will stay in me and my son's memory for many years.
VINE VOICEon 8 August 2006
I bought this book for my 2 year old twin nephews - and had to buy it again because they were so upset when it "stopped working". Loved the book but, as with other reviewers, please make it a bit tougher or it is going to get very expensive for me!!
on 29 December 2002
If you buy this book, order 2 copies as the first one will become so well used (trashed ! by little fingers) you will need the second. I cannot rate this book highly enough. Both my husband and I know the words off by heart as it is my son's favourite book. "lets get started very very quickly, knock on the door and say are you tickly". We knock on the book at this point and then start lifting flaps. My son who was given this book before he was a year old was able to pull the flaps which are not too stiff and lift up the appropriate tabs. The colours and illustrations are nice and detailed and the story line simple. You won't be dissapointed.
on 20 March 2006
Yes, this book is not strong enough, a few of the pull down flaps broke quite soon after getting the book (and my daughter is always careful with her books)! However, she loves this book, basically because she loves being tickled!
on 8 December 2006
I got this book for my 2 year old boy on the basis of other reviews here on Amazon. He liked the book immediately, but it does demand the interaction of the grown up to give it its full potential. It had us running around the house being Tickle Monsters before too long. The story is simple. One criticism- the tabs and wheels, similar to most pop up type books, have a limited life. Not really a valid reason not to get the book, as if you don't, you'll miss out on all the fun (and the Tickle Monster may get you!! Waaaaahhhh!!!!)