5.0 out of 5 stars A True Delight

3.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough for tough little toddler grips
Published on 28 Jan 2006 by mv212

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Delight, 28 July 2005
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
I ordered this book for my friends one year old, and was most pleased with the book when it arrived. I ordered the hardback version of the book knowing it was for a young toddler, expecting it to be handled a little roughly. The book is a very solid hard back that will last the handling of little fingers. Throughout the story there are flaps to lift and tabs to pull where surprises are discovered, and these too are quite tough. The story is good and the illustrations are bright and beautiful. There is much to see and do at each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickle Book what a laugh, 29 Aug 2003
mrs andrea m austin (herne bay, kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
We Borrowed the Tickle Book from the Libary and within the first hour I was ordering our own copy for my 2 year old boy & 4 year old girl they both love it.They shout with joy & laughter as they turn the flaps to find the tickle monster under some of them. I would highly recommed this book to any one it shows how reading can be such fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars The tickle book, 29 Dec 2002
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
If you buy this book, order 2 copies as the first one will become so well used (trashed ! by little fingers) you will need the second. I cannot rate this book highly enough. Both my husband and I know the words off by heart as it is my son's favourite book. "lets get started very very quickly, knock on the door and say are you tickly". We knock on the book at this point and then start lifting flaps. My son who was given this book before he was a year old was able to pull the flaps which are not too stiff and lift up the appropriate tabs. The colours and illustrations are nice and detailed and the story line simple. You won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tickle money can buy!, 14 Jun 2005
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
This is most definitely a favourite of my daughters. She has had it for over a year and LOVES it. I have to hide it sometimes as she always wants to read it!!!
Hard wearing too considering she pulls the tabs and lifts the flaps herself now when she reads it to me!
A real must buy for any child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 Dec 2006
Edward Hough (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Paperback)
I got this book for my 2 year old boy on the basis of other reviews here on Amazon. He liked the book immediately, but it does demand the interaction of the grown up to give it its full potential. It had us running around the house being Tickle Monsters before too long. The story is simple. One criticism- the tabs and wheels, similar to most pop up type books, have a limited life. Not really a valid reason not to get the book, as if you don't, you'll miss out on all the fun (and the Tickle Monster may get you!! Waaaaahhhh!!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful toddler tickling book, 1 May 2005
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
My kids - 1 and 2 both LOVE this book. Even I don't get bored reading it to them, their reactions are fantastic there is just so much going on and so many things to point out.
When I get out the book for a bedtime read they literally drop whatever they are doing to come and join in. This was a gift to us and it's one that will stay a favorite for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a superb book -but it's just not strong enough!, 14 Nov 2005
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
My 15 month old son loved this book as soon as he set eyes on it. He was fascinated by pulling the tabs and turning the wheels. The only trouble was that by one week, one of the pop-up tickle monsters was broken, and by a month, practically the whole book was a wreck. We tried to let him read this book only with supervision, but he just loved it so much that when we put it high up out of reach he was climbing and getting into really dangerous situations to try to get to it! Eventually we gave in and put it down again and now only 20% of it is functioning the rest has been ripped out. It's a fantastic book, but I'd urge the publishers to make the moving parts out of a more robust material, such as plastic, instead of paper so that it will last longer than a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for initiating tickling games, 27 Dec 2001
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
This was the only present my three year old daughter wanted for Christmas. Her copy got 'wrecked' (her words) by her baby sister.
This book is great for playing tickling games - and getting stroppy little girls in a good mood again.
It's also good for making up further rhymes -
"meet my dog, he's called Egg/ Spit/ Jelly
He will tickle you on your leg/armpit/belly".
The best fun we have on a regular basis!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough for tough little toddler grips, 28 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
I agree with many of the reviews here, this book may be entertaining since there's lots to look at and talk about, however, my 2 year old tore a flap the first day she got the book. And she is not a rough little baby, with all her good intentions, she tried to pull something to the side instead of up/ down and now that page is torn. Some other pages I have to help her insert flaps back in since she can't do it herself without, again, unintentionally, "hurting the book".

5.0 out of 5 stars "Is the Tickle Monster coming?", 9 May 2005
CCE (Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book having read previous reviews here and knowing the illustrator's work well from other books. It was specifically to take on holiday to NZ and to pass many hours on flights, in cars etc. I and my now 2 yr old son have not been disappointed. 6 months on it is still our favourite book and even when it isn't being read he still refers to it's contents and constantly hopes that the tickle monster is coming. The illustrations are quite beautiful, there is plenty of humour and I have given it to countless friends' children as a present who are now also enjoying it! I can't recommend this book more highly and I know that it will be one of those books that will stay in me and my son's memory for many years.

The Tickle Book
The Tickle Book by Ian Whybrow (Paperback - 5 May 2006)