5.0 out of 5 stars A must for developing readers!, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
Bought this book for our 6 year old daughter. She was struggling with the transition from picture book to chapter book. She was capable of reading the text of a chapter book but missed the pace and pictures that come with picture books.
This book did the trick, she absolutely loved it and wanted to read it all the time, last thing at night and first thing in the morning, never seen her do that before. The pictures are great and the storyline engaging a pleasure to read along with her. Looking forward to reading the next two books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shortlisted for the English Association English 4-11 Book Awards, 25 July 2008
H. Lucas (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
This amusing story will attract many young readers. Its relaxed style and cartoon illustrations, which add detail, bring alive the story of Ottoline and Mr. Munroe. There are fascinating insights into Ottoline, who has, for example, a shoe collection - whenever she buys a pair of shoes, she will wear one and "put the other in her collection." But there are sinister happenings round and about. Frequent burglaries attract the attention of Ottoline and Mr. Munroe. Disguises are needed to solve the outrageous crimes. The organisation and layout of the book keep the reader involved. The detailed illustration provides children with a great range of additional material. For example, Ottoline goes into the basement of where she lives not just to use the washing machines but also because there she can listen to the conversations of people in various apartments in the building! Chris Riddell has created a story to enjoy and share with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book for 1st free reader, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
This book is outstanding for both boys and girls. Whilst this book is brilliant for 7-8 yr olds to encourage them to read themselves, it will be enjoyed by parents and children of all ages. It's funny and incredibly stimulating, with a great mix of prose and annotated illustrations. My daughter is in YR3 and this is her first free reader. She is loving the book and so am I. This book is also my nephew's favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book for a new reader, 30 May 2015
Marian (Nr Southampton, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
This is the first book my 6-year-old granddaughter has read by herself, in bed, keen to go back and read the next bit of the story. I picked it up in a charity shop for our holiday home, and now she has enjoyed it so much, I've ordered two more Ottoline books for her. 'Chris Riddell' is the first author's name that she has remembered - three cheers for him, to have hit exactly the right spot for a new reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
Ottoline and Mr Munroe are great characters brought to life by Chris Riddell's beautiful illustrations. The plot is fun and quirky with lots of little extras to spot throughout the story. Perfect as a read-together or for a confident reader aged 7 onwards - though I also greatly enjoyed it. I've bought the other two Ottoline books and can't wait to get started on these.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this, 23 Mar. 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. It has some great pictures with interesting captions. The story is good too. It's quite easy to read - I read it quite quickly. I've read Ottoline Goes to School and enjoyed Ottoline And the Yellow Cat more - but they are both really good. I read the first book when I was a little younger but I still enjoyed it lots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful (as are the other two in the series) - ..., 5 July 2014
T. Reid (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
Absolutely wonderful (as are the other two in the series) - very engaging stories with a lot of detail in the drawings to talk through, really enjoying reading these with my 6 year old.

But we don't know if it's Ottoline (rhyming with "line") or Ottoline (rhyming with "clean") - I've gone with the latter so far...

5.0 out of 5 stars Ottoline rules, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
I have just finished reading this book to my 6 year old daughter, who received it yesterday as a present. She loved both the story and the fantastic illustrations that fill this book. I have no doubt that she will be wanting to read it again later today. The other books in this series will no doubt appear on her birthday wish list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ottoline, 11 Sept. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
I think the book was very exciting and I didnt know what was going to happen but when I finished the book, I thought it was very imaginative and adventurous. I adored reading the postcards in the book. Ottoline is very excellent at sorting out mysteries. The pictures are fabulous. Tatyana, age 7

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect book for 8 year olds, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Hardcover)
This fantastic book for 8 year olds, because it has lots of detail in it, many characters and its sometimes funny. Ottoline's parents are in search of interesting things all around the world but Ottoline lives with her friend Mr Munroe who comes from Norway does not speak not even a word.

Ottoline and the Yellow Cat
Ottoline and the Yellow Cat by Chris Riddell (Hardcover - 3 Dec. 2010)